problem with ut2vote51

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

willem

Jan 8, 2006
Hello,

With ut2vote51 i have a problem.
The following happen , when i switch from ONS to DM the dm maps have all ONS before their name.
For instance, DM-1on1-Albatross is shown as ONS-1on1-Albatross.
When i close the ut2 menu and then open it again (home button) then the maps are shown correct.
By other cames like CTF or DOM everything is working well.
I use the option, UseMaplist=Treu.
There are about 200 DM maps on my server.
I also have seen this on other servers in ut2004 with ut2vote.
The defaultmap (ONS & DM) is in the games string and in the maplist.
The server log has the following lines:

UT2Vote: 11:33:08 - VoteTime = 65 - MaxVoters = 1 - VotesIn = 1 - Vote Submitted: GAM-DeathMatch - by *wimpy*
UT2Vote: 11:33:08 - MajorityVote = New Game scored 1 votes.
MaplistManager: No maplist entries found matching the current command line (mapname search). Performing blind switch to index 1 of current maplist
UT2Vote: 2006/01/08 - 11:33:08 - The Game DeathMatch won the vote.

I also have a 2003 server with UT2Vote21, no problems there !

I hope you can give me an answer, Greetings Willem, The Netherlands.

sh0V3l

Oct 23, 2003
ahh the map prefix bug we are aware of this it seems to happen with large maplists, excessive odd characters in alot of map names like {}_[][][*() its being addressed in ut2vote52 which is in beta right now. try reducing your maplist for now pick the most played maps ive found large map lists arent that good people are nt going to look at 200 maps at vote time anyway they just pick 1 they know from the top of the list for the most part

willem

Jan 8, 2006
Problem ut2vote

Thanks, for your answer !
Hope that it will be fixed with the new version.

Regards, willem.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
This is not really a bug but the way strings are handled in UT.
As shov3l says, you need to reduce the number of maps, try and keep each type below 200.
Long mapnames also create problems as I notice some map makers like longgggggggg filenames and this causes great problems to us when replicating to the client.
These "wrong" prefixes you get are actually "ghost" prefixes as UT2004 gets mixed up in what it is seeing and is often caused by a slow or laggy server.
When you get this problem, just close the menu and re-open it again and everything is back to normal.

willem

Jan 8, 2006
ut2vote51

Thanks for the fast reaction !

Off course this declares that i have no problem with CTF or Dom, because there i have not more than about 25-30 maps.
I will reduce my DM maps to a max of 150 or so.
My servercomputer is ok, 2600 P4 with 768 memory.
Hope it will than be fixed.

THX, without your work we have less fun, Willem.