PDA

View Full Version : Join the team

Sjosz
4th Jan 2006, 06:34 PM
Hello members of Team Orbit,

Recently I came in contact with one of the members, Agent X, on IRC. He was looking to recruit new team members for this team. He and I had a chat for a while, and I thought I'd introduce myself here.
I'm a level designer currently learning how to use 3ds Max and Photoshop CS2, and I'm ambitious enough to want to become a professional in this industry. My online portfolio can be found here -> www.dregsld.com/Sjosz/index.html
I'm currently a level designer for the team responsible for the UCMP mappacks for UT2004, I was part of the Domination Map Pack team before that, and recently I've been promoted to lead level designer for the UTR TC. (www.ucmappack.org , www.getutr.com) Lastly, I'm also an administrator for Mapraider, and do consulting work for several teams (UC2 team, TCMP team)
I wish to join the ranks.
Regards,

Jos 'Sjosz' Hendriks

SandRock
4th Jan 2006, 08:01 PM
Hey Sjozs welkom op t forum, hoop dat je bij t team mag ;)
Translation = Hey Sjozs, welcome to the forum, hope you get into the team ;)

Thats some nice maps you made btw! :D

ThunderBear
4th Jan 2006, 08:10 PM
We always welcome those who have contributed to the community. You seem to have solid experience, and judging from the conversation we just had online, I suspect you will fit right in with creators here at Team Orbit. Welcome aboard, Jos.

Teamates and friends, please give a warm welcome to Jos 'Sjosz' Hendriks, the newest creator at Team Orbit.

Twrecks
4th Jan 2006, 08:14 PM
Welcome aboard Sjosz, DOM rulez!

Agent-X
4th Jan 2006, 08:18 PM
Welcome to Team Orbit. Yeah, Agent-X seeks and prevails again as he is an official head hunter. LOL. You will fit in very nicely here. Make yourself at home.

Radical Dreamer
4th Jan 2006, 08:23 PM
Welcome to Team Orbit Jos, I can see you are a great level designer. Glad to have you aboard.

Hillgiant
4th Jan 2006, 08:25 PM
Hey Sjosz' welcome to the team!
Very nice looking portfolio and web page,welcome aboard!

Sjosz
4th Jan 2006, 08:47 PM
Such a warm welcome! Thank you! I hope I can be valuable to the team and I'm sure looking forward to talking to you all!

Twrecks
4th Jan 2006, 09:15 PM
Yea, don't worry about the time difference between the Netherlands and other team memebers. We pretty much span the globe, plus don't sleep much either because we love what we do :)

Sjosz
4th Jan 2006, 09:32 PM
Yeah, can't believe it's 4.37 AM already...:lol:

Twrecks
5th Jan 2006, 01:30 AM
It's always 13:37 on my Ued clock :tup:

ShitMonkey
5th Jan 2006, 01:06 PM
I would like to http://www.myspacenow.com/myspace/welcome53.gif you to the forum too. ;)

MonkeyGod
5th Jan 2006, 01:10 PM
Welcome Bro, I am just a crazy monkey that can fix your problems :lol:

ThunderBear
5th Jan 2006, 01:30 PM
Heh true that, Twrecks. Even so. Team Orbit is now more centralized than ever before, with the majority of its members being based right here, in sunny southern california. That's pretty understandable, considering that some of our members are also working for pro dev houses. Actually, there are quite a few in our "neck of the woods".

Some of our local members include Gravity (working for blizzard on world of warcraft), MikeVox (working here at Wayforward on a GBA title), Agent-X just finished a stint at ICT making sections of baghdad for a military simulation. Other locals include NamVo, Emo, DocHoliday, etc. Twrecks is here in Cali as well (just saw him the other day as he passed through Hollywood).

Heh, I do remember a time when we had artists in literally every time zone, starting in Australia. Jeeze that evolved into some pretty serious sleep deprevation for me. Lotta fun though.

Sjosz
5th Jan 2006, 04:15 PM
UCMP offers a similar experience. Most of the guys in that team live in the US, there's one from Australia, one from China, and a bunch from eastern Europe. Next to that we have 2 people from the Netherlands (one of them being me). It's pretty fun hanging in the team's IRC channel to chat with everyone everywhere. Some of them are pros as well, Slainchild going to Korea to work on Huxley, BIOS working for Liquid Development as level designer and Dregs working for Liquid Development as a remotely located modeler. Moonflyer is one of the Splinter Cell series level designers, Lord Simeon redid a map of his for the BP that Epic released recently. I'm looking forward to some mass sleep deprivation myself:dutch: :rockon:

Twrecks
5th Jan 2006, 05:12 PM
Dr Pepper is my ally. Unfortunately I don't believe this caffinated carmel colored carbonated beverage is available with a Dutch label. I know Dr pepper has been sold in England since the early 80's when I called London home. so who knows if it jumped the channel.

SandRock
5th Jan 2006, 05:37 PM
Its being sold in the Netherlands as Dr Pepper :P Its just not very popular, most of the people buy Coca Cola, some buy Pepsi, a few buy Dr Pepper, and quite alot buy some cheap unknown brand :P :P

I prefer Red Bull, keeps me going at work :P

Twrecks
5th Jan 2006, 06:34 PM
Red Bull is great, but expensive ~$2+. Red Bull was the official drink of the '05 U.S. motoGP (motorcycles baby!). The vending machines at work are subsidized so 12oz cans of soda are only 25 cents. :)

Simon Warwick
6th Jan 2006, 06:36 PM
Just like to send out a welcome to Sjosz!
You've got some solid looking maps with a keen eye for detail and atmosphere. I can't wait to see more great work from you.

Cheers!

Ersatz
6th Jan 2006, 09:27 PM
Welcome to The Team, Sjosz!
Glad to have you on board!

BlackCat
7th Jan 2006, 01:25 AM
Welcome Sjosz! Allthough technically you are older than me in the team. I just started with Team Orbit tonight.

UThor
7th Jan 2006, 12:09 PM
Welcome to Team Orbit, Sjosz! You should find this a fun ride!

Celestial Hero
7th Jan 2006, 07:10 PM
Welcome Sjosz! I'm new here myself.

You have some very impressive maps, can't wait to see more.

Mike_Vox
7th Jan 2006, 09:34 PM
Hello Sjozs, good to meet you and welcome to the team!

blackizzy
9th Jan 2006, 03:42 PM
hi sjozs! welcome here ! how come did you christian yourself with such a high level pronunciation difficulty name?

Sjosz
10th Jan 2006, 07:58 AM
hi sjozs! welcome here ! how come did you christian yourself with such a high level pronunciation difficulty name?

Difficult? For us Dutch people it isn't difficult to announce at all. The English word that lies close to my name's pronunciation is 'shawls'. Glad to be aboard though:lol:

..::DREW::..
13th Jan 2006, 04:09 AM
hi sjosz looking faward to seeing and playing your work