PDA

View Full Version : Backpacks

Dest
2nd Jan 2006, 05:00 AM
We want to give the medic and mech a backpack. So players can indentify which class is mech or medic.

http://www.home.versatel.nl/waverstr13/backpack_example2.jpg

Please give your opinion!

Klasnic_E
3rd Jan 2006, 08:52 PM
I will be skinning it ;) i'll try now :) :tup:

Klasnic_E
3rd Jan 2006, 08:54 PM
Ok, its color coded, but i need to know whtas what. so a picture of the model in the modeling program with the color coded texture would be nice :)

spec_x
3rd Jan 2006, 11:18 PM
does this match the color codes?

Dest
4th Jan 2006, 04:31 AM
Something like this?

Kharnellius
6th Jan 2006, 07:18 PM
Good idea though make sure to put a big red cross on the medics backpack (kinda like what you already showed but maybe even bigger on the back) and something like a giant gold wrench on the mechanic or something. Also if you could put it on their chest or front of their helmets that would help.

Or you could always go with the HUD icon I suggested a while back that hovers over their heads. This is a neat compromise though as it won't clutter up the interface as much.

Let's face it. The mod is action based and not really meant to be stealthy so the camoflouge is mostly for looks anyways....so why not make it easy to identify who is who?

Just my .02 bucks.

satchef1
15th Mar 2006, 01:41 PM
putting a great big medic/mech sign on the front of the player would be a bad idea surely? it would basically be a "shoot me please before i build/heal people" sign. like the idea of it being on their backs though

btw, hi and nice mod :)