PDA

View Full Version : Gamemodes

Comrade Jerkov
29th Dec 2005, 03:54 AM
If you're adding lots of gamemodes to OW (as I expect you probably are), I'd like to politely and respectfully request that you don't include either Bombing Run and Double Domination. I really do hope they do NOT feature. If you went back to the original UT'99 DOM, that'd be fine IMO. But not those two. Those are probably the most suckitudinous game modes ever devised. 2k4 has ONS to make up for it, but...yeah. Suckitudinous game modes :P

Yet I expect none of the original game's gamemodes will feature except for DM, so I guess this post is redundant :P

Nevertheless I felt the point had to be made.

SandRock
29th Dec 2005, 11:53 AM
VCTF > ONS any day. ONS is boring, VCTF is big fun!! :D

Twrecks
29th Dec 2005, 07:41 PM
We're trying out loads of gametypes, I think about a dozen ATM. Which get to the demo/release is yet to be determined. Vehicles are definately included in nearly every gametype.

Comrade Jerkov
30th Dec 2005, 05:21 AM
That's good news. But you didn't answer my point ;)

Mike
30th Dec 2005, 09:11 AM
Hang on a sec, if you don't like a game mode.. can't you just... not play it?

Twrecks
30th Dec 2005, 10:48 AM
No BR or DD maps are being worked on currently, so chances are slim you will see either of these two gametypes included. There may be a TeamOrbit variation on these gametypes, but again, they would probably involve vehicle use.

Comrade Jerkov
30th Dec 2005, 11:52 AM
Hang on a sec, if you don't like a game mode.. can't you just... not play it?

I was forced to play both of those in UT2004's single player ladder. And I do like to play through SP campaigns. I understand your point, but I would hope that I don't have to 'unlock' the good stuff by playing through modes like BR, lol.

But that is good enough news for me, Twrecks :)

SandRock
30th Dec 2005, 12:06 PM
Just use the fly cheat and youre done with it in a few minutes ;)

Twrecks
30th Dec 2005, 03:58 PM
imtheone is the new godmode.
I prefer just going slomo .5 and cranking it up till I get the hang. I've played some maps all the way to 1.5 gets pretty intense. Some older UT servers were set up to play at 1.35 as standard, don't lag or you will be fragged :)

Mike
12th Jan 2006, 10:49 AM
Some older UT servers were set up to play at 1.35 as standard, don't lag or you will be fragged :)
:eek:
[...]but I would hope that I don't have to 'unlock' the good stuff by playing through modes like BR, lol.
Oh ok, I get you now.

Speaking of unlockable stuff, just what kind of unlockable content will there be - Skins and maps? Or whole new modes?

Twrecks
12th Jan 2006, 12:54 PM
Playing the ladders thru unlocked a few player characters, that's all.