Sentry Studios please oh please

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Yes Sentry please give us something that helps us pass the time until you mod ut2k7. For Gods sake give Psych what he needs.

BTH

Dickcheese Faggot
Nov 12, 2005
Spain
Vtd "please o please"
I want a new version i'll buy any game on which a Sentry Studios game will run on.
BTH, Inf fan since 2.65, member of the community since... was it 4 months ago?

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Another version I didn't mean for UT, god no. But simply something.

@geogob:
Highready and Aim as separated weapon positions, DEFENITELY.
Lowready, hopefully.

Byside this, a good developed movement system is needed (walk, fast walk, run/jog, sprint).

Last edited:

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
I'm sorry, but I can't see anything getting made until a decent engine comes along. God knows I want something, anything to make me stop playing BF2, but unfortunatly it's not going to happen.

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
Yes, because when my options for a fps are America's Army, Counterstrike or BF2, I choose the least evil. And yes, I quit playing Infiltration some time ago.

BTH

Dickcheese Faggot
Nov 12, 2005
Spain
no decent engines? how about UT2k4? you can mod absolutely anything for it, you could even make strategy games, rpg's or an internet browser for it, and best of all, many people in the community are quite good with the unreal code

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
Yes, UT2004 doesn't fit. As Beppo said UT2007 is a good option.

UT2007 seems to be released 2006, thats "soon"TM and you can't start working on it soon enough, especially Sentry Studios have a chance to get the mod-tools earlier, because they are so old-school.

Last edited:

Turin_Turambar

Pls don´t shoot to the Asha´man
Oct 9, 2002
Visit site
I *still* read this forum from time to time, though i don't play Inf anymore, waiting for the dubious next Infiltration.

Bye :)

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
Just one thing that makes INF 'impossible to make' on UT2k4 is the hard-coded MaxStepHeight value. This value determines the height difference you can step up/down geometry-wise. In INF'99 you had different step heights for prone, crouch and standing of course. In UT2k4 these would be all the same and pre-given... means you would be able to step over large obstacles while lying prone. I guess you can imagine what ****ty stuff will be possible then.
UT2007 will have this value made available again...
So, BTH, you cannot make 'everything' on UT2k4 actually ... you can almost do everything, yes ;)

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
I don't know if RO ever got around it - haven't played/tested it for ages. Maybe they just adjusted their geometry and player model sizes to match it or something similar and removed spots where you would notice it within maps.
And why it never was 'fixed' ... well it was one of the first things I mentioned towards Epic, but they never changed it actually. Understandable, cause it was something that would break compability easily.
Anyway, UT2007 has it made available again as a pawn property value.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
So if you (Sentry Studios) are still interessted in the project than contact Epic, but what I say, you probably did allready, or would do if you wanted.

tomcat ha

Feb 2, 2002
Visit site
Armed Assault.......

but then what would you change? It basically is infiltration but somewhat less realistic in some areas.