Help: Saving Textures with alpha channels in Photoshop...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Forgetful

Here is party?
Sep 21, 2003
Winnipeg, Canada
Visit site
I am trying to save a texture with a variable alpha map in photoshop 7. I am saving it using the Nvidia DXT plugin. The problem is that I get an error which states "Unsoported Input Format" everytime I try and save as DDS file extension. It won't even load into the Nvidia plugin.

I am making the alpha channel by going into the channel tab in PS and creating a new channel (name is defaulted to Alpha1). This is where I am painting the alpha image.

I have allready created and imported DXT1 textures with alpha info succesfully. With that type of texture you don't actually need to create an alpha channel you just need to state the invisible color in the index.

So what's up fellas? Am I going about the wrong way to create the alpha channel info in PS or is there something I am missing?