UT2007 To Hit PS3 In Spring 2006

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Well, it was no surprise that Unreal Tournament 2007 is coming to the Sony Playstation 3, but what is a bit surprising is that, according to the January 2006 official Playstation Magazine, the game is going to be a PS3 launch title. The console is tentatively scheduled for a Spring 2006 release. (Thanks, Gamespot)

That brings to mind a couple of questions... is the PC version going to launch post-PS3 or is development that far along?

Juguard

The King Is Dead, Punk Rock Lives!
Nov 30, 1999
Tustin CA, USA
Visit site
If it hits PS3 first, its going to be a sad sad day for the true hardcore, dedicated Unreal Fans and the community. We that bought every version of Unreal that was released are going to be disappointed greatly.

In a way, EPIC owns us a release first, we have bought Unreal first, and it was a hit for EPIC, us PC users, not anyone else. We where there from the very beginning, starting with Jazz.

Last edited:

Funktion

Nov 16, 2004
Sony is "bluffing" with the Spring 2006 release date. They are doing this so that people torn between an Xbox360 and a PS3 wait for the later console instead of buying Microsoft's console.

Anyway, if for any reason UT2007 is released earlier for the PS3 and there's a significant difference between the dates, you can be sure I won't pick up the game, or I'll wait until it hits budget price.
It would be spitting on the face of PC gamers who have followed the series for years.

livingtarget

BulletCatcher
Mar 15, 2002
Aberdeen
Indeed, that would be quite nasty if true.

The pc section in all stores is already ever shrinking. It's one of the main reason I don't like consoles. They are way too expensive for what they offer. I sure do like a platform now or then but keep the freaking shooters exclusive to PC.

madscientist327

Pure Genius
Apr 24, 2005
The Milky Way Galaxy
I have no games consoles except a Sega Genesis which I haven't used in 4 years or so and I don't know if it still works. It better be released for PC first. It is my only gaming platform.

Mad Max RW

Road Warrior
Nov 13, 2003
www.duckandcover.net
Not gonna happen. PS3 won't come out until Q3 2006 at the earliest, and UT2k7 will definitely slip.

If by some insane twist of fate they are rushed out, both console and the few games released (namely UT) will be awful.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Juguard said:
In a way, EPIC owns us a release first, we have bought Unreal first, and it was a hit for EPIC, us PC users, not anyone else. We where there from the very beginning, starting with Jazz.

So what? They don't owe you anything. With an E. They don't own you either.

Well then again, maybe they do own you, by the looks of that post.

Juguard

The King Is Dead, Punk Rock Lives!
Nov 30, 1999
Tustin CA, USA
Visit site
Nemephosis said:
So what? They don't owe you anything. With an E. They don't own you either.

Well then again, maybe they do own you, by the looks of that post.
Just add up how much money you have spent for Unreal Games.

I bought, Unreal, Unreal Na Pali, UT(2 copies), UT-GOTY, Unreal Gold, UT2003, Unreal 2, UT2004. Next in line is UT2007, and Gears of War(when they release it for PC).

Caravaggio

Custom User Text goes here.
Oct 2, 2002
US
Visit site
And if you played them then you got what you paid for. How does buying a game bind them to giving future benefits of games they haven't released, or even made yet?

It would be a bad thing if it came out on a console first, just from a design standpoint it'd be a sign of where their resources were being allocated for the games design. I went to best buy today (20 min lines!) and saw a kid playing COD2 on an xbox 360. I don't know if that game has a lock-on button (little bastard wouldn't get off) but he couldn't hit ****. At the very least I noticed the level he was in seemed small, not in a geography kind of way but in the amount of content they were able to have on screen at any one time. Maybe it was just that level, but it'll definately be bad if UT levels turn into that kind of cramped allyway battling, seamless map technology or not.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Juguard said:

I bought, Unreal, Unreal Na Pali, UT(2 copies), UT-GOTY, Unreal Gold, UT2003, Unreal 2, UT2004. Next in line is UT2007, and Gears of War(when they release it for PC).

I'm sure epic is very thankful that you bought their games, but they still don't owe you squat and you don't have to buy their games. It doesn't matter if UT2k7 comes out on the playstation 3 first. There is absolutely nothing saying it will come out on the PS3 first, and I even have my doubts about playstation magazine being right about this bit of news. I wonder where they got this infomation.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Juguard said:
$45 for UT, $86 for UT2003 (Canadian, mind you) and $57 for UT2004.

0 for Unreal. *cough*.

45 + 86 + 57 = $188.

They still don't owe anyone anything.

Miko

Miko No Pants
Jul 2, 2004
Flopping in bed
On a personal note i think sony needs there asses handed to them for bluffing that they are getting it first and its exclusive for them or they xbox 360 wont get it. Someone should kick the crap out of them for false advertiseing.

Bang_Doll

Freebasing Anime Chicks Since '96
Aug 10, 2005
hha3.netfirms.com
There's a difference between legally owing somebody something.

And just owing us some goddamn respect.

But I doubt that's true anyways, so the point is moot.

Yoshiro

Jul 22, 2003
Visit site
Miko said:
On a personal note i think sony needs there asses handed to them for bluffing that they are getting it first and its exclusive for them or they xbox 360 wont get it. Someone should kick the crap out of them for false advertiseing.

Nobody has ever confirmed UT2k7 for Xbox 360 you seem to forget. They have a game of their own called Gears of War. Will 2k7 see light of day on 360, we have no idea untill Epic/Midway tells us it will.

And Sony is probably pushing for an exclusive for 2k7 to counter the Halo FPS kingdom of the console (This is entirely speculation on my part). FPS sales on consoles is one the rise thanks to Halo and Sony can't be not seeing this. They tried to counter it with their own game that didn't go over to well.

Last edited:

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
Because thats how it works for all sports games. Its not a parody on EA Sports naming scheme. All developers that make sports titles do this. Its an unwritten rule.

Vance

Dec 7, 2005
Marion, VA
tool said:
Because thats how it works for all sports games. Its not a parody on EA Sports naming scheme. All developers that make sports titles do this. Its an unwritten rule.

in that case is UT a future sport?

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Juguard said:
If it hits PS3 first, its going to be a sad sad day for the true hardcore, dedicated Unreal Fans and the community. We that bought every version of Unreal that was released are going to be disappointed greatly.

U

Unregistered

It is funny how all of us addicted UT fans rush right out to be the first to find out first had what problems will be fixed in the first patch.

:)