GOTY Maps Into RvS UnrealEd

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SODsniper

Jul 14, 2005
I am trying to convert some of the fun and exciting UT GOTY maps for use in RavenShield. I highlight the GOTY map in it's entirety and then paste it to the RvS UnrealEd...

I have 2 major problems when I try this.

The brushes are all mixed up. Reversed, out of alingment etc etc...

The second problem is that, even though I have the proper textures copied into my RvS /Textures/ dir, the copied map just displays everything as the one texture that is selected at the time of the PASTE.

I have tried saving the entire map and selected brushes as 3ds, but I still have the same issues pop up.

Is there a trick to doing this?? Or is it that it simply cannot be done?

Thanx

SODsniper
www.specialopsdivision.com

SODsniper

Jul 14, 2005
OHMIGOD, IT WORKED!!!

Thank you, a thousand times, Thank you! You have just opened up a whole new world for our group!

Thanx again..

SODsniper

Jul 14, 2005
Ya know, it's kinda funny.. I guess UT people are smaller than RavenShield Commandos...

I am having to adjust doorways upwards to allow RavenShield people to get thru them....

Go figger...:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SODsniper

Jul 14, 2005
I would like to follow up this question with another one..

I noticed that UT GOTY does not use StaticMeshes, per se. It looks like it uses a wierd form of a BRUSH to make objects.

Here is what I am referring to:

GOTY1.jpg

A little investigation turned up that it isn't actually a brush, but rather part of a .u package.

Now, in RavenShield using PunkBuster, any added .u package will cause an immediate kick.

So, is there anyway to get that thing OUT of the GOTY .u package and convert it to a StaticMesh???

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
It is a Mesh, note that its a Mesh, Not a STATICmesh
Ravenshield supports both
Look for wotgreal or similar program on google, it can export u file models to 3ds, 3ds can be imported in other unreal engine games or in Max
Max can then export it to ase for a staticmesh

U files can be myleved btw so you dont need a u file

SODsniper

Jul 14, 2005
Hourences said:
It is a Mesh, note that its a Mesh, Not a STATICmesh
Ravenshield supports both
Look for wotgreal or similar program on google, it can export u file models to 3ds, 3ds can be imported in other unreal engine games or in Max
Max can then export it to ase for a staticmesh

U files can be myleved btw so you dont need a u file

Can you give me a quick heads up on loading up say, 'botpack.u' into WOTgreal? The help files didna make the install.. :^(

The closest file extension that I can open is .uc

CyberSirius

Mostly dead.
Jan 4, 2004
BTW,use this:
edit.gif

That will make you stop quadruple posting.

Oh BTW,3DS won't work if you want static meshes.

SODsniper

Jul 14, 2005
CyberSirius said:
BTW,use this:
edit.gif

That will make you stop quadruple posting.

True, but that won't show up as a reply. :D

CyberSirius said:
Oh BTW,3DS won't work if you want static meshes.

Yea, I found a really nifty converter that converts the .3DS to .ASE.. But it doesn't convert the textures along with it. :^( Gonna recheck my process and see if I left out the textures earlier in the proces..