PDA

View Full Version : Shader Properties causes crash

onyx_elite
18th Dec 2005, 09:25 AM
Hi all,

I've just started learning the ins and outs of materials within Unreal but have got a problem. When creating a new material, I get to the Shader Properties window where you would usually manipulate your Diffuse, Opacity, Specular layers etc.

When I click on any of the 'Use' buttons within this window, the entire prgram just locks up completely meaning there's very little I can do to manipulate materials within UnrealEd.

I'm currently running UnrealEd V.3 Build [2005-11-23_16.22] on Win XP SP2

Wormbo
18th Dec 2005, 09:48 AM
Never attempt to assign a material to one of its own properties. Example:
Assigning Shader A (or FinalBlend B that uses Shader A) to Shader A's Diffuse property.

The Use button always assigns the currently selected material. Since you just created a new material it also becomes the currently selected material and when clicking the Use button you create a circular reference causing the editor to crash.

onyx_elite
18th Dec 2005, 10:40 AM
Cool, thanks very much. I've been having a skim through 'Mastering Unreal Technology' by Parrish, Busby & Van Eenwyk and while there's a lot of good stuff in there there's a few things they neglect to mention.

Kantham
2nd Jan 2006, 05:12 AM
i made animations in 3d studio max so i also make a room means simple room in 3d max. so i export the animations through active x plugin (.psa and .psk)
so i wanna that how i merage animations in ut level
and how i control them would u please inform me.
thanxs

What about removing the same question you posted like 10 times on the other forum and start your own thread?
What a god damn spammer.

mani_199
2nd Jan 2006, 06:18 AM
i send that question each fourm becoze i was think that any body have solve my problem . but sorry to say no one wanna help me . very sorry

Kantham
2nd Jan 2006, 06:21 AM
i send that question each fourm becoze i was think that any body have solve my problem . but sorry to say no one wanna help me . very sorry

You will soon get banned for posting 25 times that question in almost all the forums of BU. Enjoy your ban.
Next time you change ISP, Try using the "New thread" button :rolleyes: