two posts in one

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DedMeat

Dapper Rat
May 9, 2000
Great Britain
I'm a HPB so *instant* is not a word I associate with UT ;)

For me...... instagib sucks.

bullet2.gif

Manui Dat Cognito Vires

dizasta

Apr 21, 2000
Visit site
Okay I have a couple of questions for you guys. I'm an Instagib CTF addict. Thats all I play. The only time I play regular CTF or other games is when all of my favorite low-ping Instagib servers are full. Now on to my questions.

#1. In gamespy, is there a way you can filter the servers by the mods? (Instagib :p )

#2. How does everyone else feel about Instagib? Like it? Hate it?

TenthFret

Experienced
May 10, 2000
Philadelphia, PA
I'm pretty bad at all forms of UT, but there's something about insta-gib. . . the adrenaline factor, knowing that at any second. . .

A hearty two thumbs-up.

----

"How can you play Insta-gib with a ping over 300?"

"Poorly :)"

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
I don't know of an Instagib filter. I'd just add the servers that usually do instagib to my favourites. Spend an hour scrolling down the ctf list looking, finding, right clicking and adding.

My brother's in the IcE clan. Strictly instagib ctf. He was hoping I'd join in. I'm looking into it, but am thinking I'd rather stick with all the weapons when I join a clan. More strategy involved. I'm hooked on the x-loc for transportation these days.

bullet2.gif

Llamas spit and poo, and not in the humourous way that monkeys do. They're dirty dirty animals.

[This message has been edited by Morety (edited 05-25-2000).]

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
Instagib and CTF should not be in the same sentence. (Except mine). Oi... I don't get that (mixing instagib & CTF).

Instagib by itself ain't that bad - but talk about a low pingers game - blech. I'd rather get owned by a HPW in normal CTF/DM than know I whooped äss in IG because of my sub 100ms ping.

bullet2.gif

|C|Rooster|PuF
Defenseman for |C|ondemned

[This message has been edited by Rooster (edited 05-25-2000).]

Boom

Rumpshaking Moderator
Mar 28, 2000
Visit site
Instagib is fun for a change of pace, but not with CTF.

Its just an exercise in frustration. You start at your base and spend a few minutes fighting your way over to the other base. Then one guy gets one lucky shot on you and BAM, you are back at your base again.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

You totally lose the thrill and excitement of running back to your base with the flag as you fight off attackers, watching your health drain as they peck away at you, hoping you can make it home (or to a health pack) before they get too many more hits on you.

And you miss out on all those other weapons.

Anyway, to each their own. Just because I don't like it, doesn't mean anything. If you are having fun, keep at it buddy :)

As far as finding instagib servers...

I think Morety has the right idea. When you find one, right click it and add it to your favorites.

bullet2.gif

Clan [Boom]
The undisputed, world champion, 1on1, UT clan.
[Boom]Boom|PuF