RoboBlitz - New UE3 game for Xbox360

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Evil Avatar received some news about a new Unreal Engine 3 title for Xbox 360 entitled RoboBlitz. The game is developed by Naked Sky Entertainment. Here's the 411:
Naked Sky Entertainment today announced that RoboBlitz will be available to gamers through the Xbox Live Arcade on Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft in Spring 2006. RoboBlitz is a fast-paced action game featuring puzzle-solving and unique physics-based weapons. Players blast through 15+ levels of high-intensity action as Blitz, a multi-talented robot on a mission to save its factory from a band of invading mechanical brains.

“With RoboBlitz, Naked Sky brings to Xbox Live Arcade an enjoyable action title combined with imaginative design,” said Ross Erickson, Xbox Live Arcade Games Portfolio Manager. “It’s terrific to see a game that delivers both thrilling gameplay and cutting-edge technology that really demonstrates the power of Xbox 360.”

RoboBlitz combines the power of the Unreal Engine 3 and Ageia PhysX to deliver a new gaming experience. The core gameplay is supported by advanced physics simulation, which offers players a world built entirely from the latest in game technology and robot control theory. Remarkably, RoboBlitz does all this while having a total download size under 50MB, thereby enabling its distribution via Xbox Live Arcade.

Xbox Live Arcade delivers full-featured downloadable games on both Xbox videogame and entertainment system from Microsoft and Xbox 360. “Releasing RoboBlitz through the Xbox Live Arcade on Xbox 360 puts us at the heart of digital distribution,” said Naked Sky CEO, Tian Mu. “Xbox Live Arcade is a new, cost-effective way for independent developers like Naked Sky to get our console games to market.”

For more information on RoboBlitz, visit www.nakedsky.com.
You can find the original EvilAvatar post here.

EggBoy

Apr 26, 2005
I think there was a video of this game months ago when they hyping intel dual core, or maybe it was the physics PPU.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Just as a side note, this will be released under Xbox Live Arcade, and not commercially.

MrMaddog

Flak Monkey
Jul 13, 2002
Parts Unknown
Sir_Brizz said:
Just as a side note, this will be released under Xbox Live Arcade, and not commercially.

Well I think it's cool that independent companies like Naked Sky can release small but neat games on the 360 w/o the need of a big budget or DVD-sized epic. :D

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
I think this was being shown at GDC '05 in the expo. It looked interesting but it wasn't that much of a looker then for an UE3 title.

Blaaguuu

taunt pthrust
May 27, 2002
Earshot of monkeys
Visit site
I recall seeing a UE3/PhysX demo video a while back of robots fighting in a sort of coloseum or soemthing, where the robot was balanced ontop of a ball, which rolled around... looked pretty interesting/fun if this is the same thing.

at the moment the most compleing reason ffor me to buy an exbox 360, other than GoW, is the Live Arcade... from what ive seen, it seems thats where the best games have been and probably will be... i jsut dont like the idea of payign monthly for it. i would love it if i could grab my fav games of the arcade for $5-20. maybe ill get a 360 in the not too distant future.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
Blaaguuu, Live Arcade is part of the free Silver Membership.
You just have to pay the cost of the game itself (you can also download a free demo of each Live Arcade game)

All the Gold Membership gives you is unlimited online play with any game that supports it.
Every other feature of Live is free now.
________
Jessika

Last edited:

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
Which is possibley the best idea, forget the triple core multi-super-duperness. Getting in cool concept low budget cheap games that you don't have to trawl buckets in shops in order to find.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
edhe said:
Which is possibley the best idea, forget the triple core multi-super-duperness. Getting in cool concept low budget cheap games that you don't have to trawl buckets in shops in order to find.

See also Steam. We may hate the service, but with them picking up Rag Doll Kung Fu and Darwinia, along with the retail version of RO, it's not that much different than Live Arcade.