PDA

View Full Version : Crouching and fixing/building

heron
1st Dec 2005, 02:56 PM
Not entirely sure if this is a bug or something I'm doing wrong, so I didn't want to officially report it until we'd talked about it here. I also apologise for the crappy names; I'm tired and I can't remember them all :)

If I'm a Mechanic and want to build/repair a (MG) Turret, I can crouch and do so. It's not a problem. However once finished building and I stand/once the building is complete, I automatically switch to shotgun (I quite often have the pistol in hand as a mechanic).

The REAL problem comes when doing same with the (rocket) turret; I cannot crouch and build/repair. It keeps stopping the process and switching immediately to shotgun.

I can duplicate this 100% if anyone is interested at any point.

DA|aBsOlUt
1st Dec 2005, 09:41 PM
Crouching probably makes you miss the trace spot of the repair weapon. Try to be closer or aim higher when crouched so the trace hits the object.

heron
2nd Dec 2005, 03:25 AM
Thanks, I'll definitely try that; however it seems weird that it ALWAYS happens with the Crusher turrets and not the others.

Dest
2nd Dec 2005, 10:40 AM
Crushers has larger collision then the DFA turret, and is further from the ground.

heron
4th Dec 2005, 07:08 AM
Aaaah I shall give that a go then, thanks a lot! I'll let you know how I get on, for feedback.

heron
5th Dec 2005, 02:43 AM
Okay, this seems to be fixed since the UT patch, but I don't know why! Honestly, I tried the same as before, but it's working fine. Go figure. :)

stephen_wq
8th Dec 2005, 12:25 AM
Mines always worked since i got DA2, which was before the latest patch.
I always aim for the turret "head" or "stem" when im crouched

heron
9th Dec 2005, 03:32 AM
Mines always worked since i got DA2, which was before the latest patch.
I always aim for the turret "head" or "stem" when im crouched
Okay then, no idea. All I can say is mine didn't work and now it does :)