Fixed Editions Mappack [Overdue 1v1 map fixes]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
Name: Fixed Editions Mappack.

Version: Final.

Description: Fixed, tweaked and improved versions of the three competitivley played 1v1 maps, and two of my own.

All changes by Slainchild, full credit to the original authors.

DM-DE-Ironic-FE by "Checker"
-Lift sounds fixed to play with ambient sounds off.

DM-1on1-Roughinery-FE by "Lehmi"
-Zoned the map again, optimized the framerate further.
-Fixed a BSP error in the wall near flak/health/100a.
-Removed the collision on the inside corner of the 100a corridor. You can shoot combos through there now, as well as walk through it.

DM-Rankin-FE by "Hourences"
-Lift sounds fixed to play with ambient sounds off.
-Collision tweaked above the amp on the inside wall/ledge thing.
-Set puddles to show on low world details.
-Removed all thunder sounds, and some other loud and obtrusive sounds.
-One or two other minor things.

DM-1on1-Backspace-FE by "Slainchild"
-Raised ceiling at the shieldjump end of the 100a corridor.
-Made lighting less distracting.
-Swapped Flak+Bio positions, and moved the bio into the open.
-Removed the healthpack that was near the bio before.
-Moved the two healthpacks that were near the flak, into the corner where the flak used to be.
-Adjusted ammo and playerstarts accordingly.
-Fixed Linux server crash problem.

DM-1on1-Solitude-FE by "Slainchild"
-Moved 100a down to the previous flak area.
-Swapped minigun and rocket launcher with flak and linkgun, moved rocket launcher to previous 100a position.
-Adjusted ammo accordingly.
-Fixed Linux server crash problem.

Credits: Epic Games, Digital Extremes, Alexander Lehmann, Bastiaan Frank, Ben Edney, Sjoerd de Jong.

Homepage: www.slainchild.com

Download:
Unreal.ie

Last edited:

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
Nice. It's about time someone did this. TY much, slain :)

/me dances at the thought of no more thunder sounds in Rankin

dc

Aug 17, 2005
Nothing wrong with Ironic at all. It is perfect.
If you want to fix Rankin press delete.

That is all.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
How about this... What if in Rankin you swapped the link and lightning and then swapped the shock and flak. That puts the hitscan a little further apart and maybe gives you the best weapon on that crappy spawn in the corner. I dunno. :eek:

Raffi, puts [some of] these on your server so we can play.
gorf.gif
I haven't played a 1v1 since... I can't remember. Whenever the last time we played I believe. :p

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
Turns2Ashes said:
How about this... What if in Rankin you swapped the link and lightning and then swapped the shock and flak. That puts the hitscan a little further apart and maybe gives you the best weapon on that crappy spawn in the corner. I dunno. :eek:
lol I wouldn't dare do anything like that (plus I actually want people to play the map). :eek: :p

dc

Aug 17, 2005
I'm just saying that I think 35 tick is too low for a 1v1. I messed around with mine for a while and 35 felt like garbage. 70 was perfect.

briach

ಠ_ಠ DaReTaL ಠ_ಠ
Sep 2, 2005
º_º FeiShan º_º
Vipers used to be at 20 tickrate, but they just upgraded recently.

I bet Raffi would turn up the tickrate if he could, though, not sure he can.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
dc- said:
35 tick for a 1v1 server? WTF. Mine was 70 :L
Many servers never even reach 70 ticks/sec. In fact, I know of a case where someone would not let the hoster set it below 70, while the idle/empty server only had about 45 ticks/sec.
Remember, it's only a maximum allowed tickrate, similar to a client's maximum framerate.

Nereid

・ ω ・
Apr 15, 2003
Vancouver
Higher tickrate uses more CPU and bandwidth, though. Viper has several servers running on the same box using multihome, so according to him, having a high tickrate on one server would negatively affect other servers running on the same box. While Raffi could change the tickrate, Viper wouldn't be very happy about that.

virgo47

Waiting for next UT
Jul 5, 2005
Bratislava, Slovakia
members.clanci.net
OK, but I have one problem with new Backspace... but it is really minor one... At the end of the 15 minutes game, the squeeze sound of two slopes (near flak and LG) is gone... slope dodges are silent. After UTComp map restart, they are here again. ;-)))

I don't know if it happens in Instant Action (I tried and cannot reproduce it) but with Join Game I have it quite often.

PS: Of course much better than server crash. Flak farer from rocket is also nice.

Last edited: