Server Help?!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Chronic Fire

Nov 12, 2005
Hey, I am having a bit of trouble with making a server and i would like some help. What happens is my ping is always N/A and i dont know how to fix it because im not all computer savy. Im using a router so if anyone knows how to help me please tell.

JaGo

nbk-JaGo
Feb 24, 2004
Chronic Fire said:
Hey, I am having a bit of trouble with making a server and i would like some help. What happens is my ping is always N/A and i dont know how to fix it because im not all computer savy. Im using a router so if anyone knows how to help me please tell.

Since you gave virtually ZERO information about your setup, you won't get alot of help on your problem. The problem you are having could be caused by any number of things. My suggestion would be to check out this Server Setup Tutorial. Of course that's if you are setting up a dedicated server. However, if your just running a "Listen" server then you most likely just need to open up some ports on your firewall/router. I'm sure your router manual shows you how that's accomplished. As for which ports, the link above has a section on " Running a Server Behind NAT" that should help. If that doesn't get you going, then you'll just have to do a bit of research. There are many many FAQ's and tutorials on setting up game servers, just do a quick google search and I'm sure you'll find what you need.