PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the Team Orbit forums

Twrecks
18th Nov 2005, 12:56 PM
I'd like to welcome the community to these forums created for Team Orbit, here at BeyoundUnreal!

Team Orbit is a group of talented emebers of the community working on various projects using the Unreal Engine. From Code to Content, we pride ourselves in mastering many of the development tools used in the gaming industry. It is our goal to deliver a quality mod while increasing the skill sets of our members.

In the future we will be sharing our visions with the best Unreal community on the web. Expect new gametypes, tons of vehicles, and some of the best player models I've ever seen. Thanks, and enjoy.

ThunderBear
18th Nov 2005, 02:40 PM
Not bad at all... good of Hal to get this up so quickly.
He's always been good to us.
Feels good to resurface.

hal
19th Nov 2005, 04:26 AM
Okay, did a quickie and got some of the colors in place. Keep in mind, virtually any line or table that you see is customizable, including drop down boxes. Some of the stuff I had to sort of guess at. There's still plenty to do, so just let me know how you want to further tweak it.

ThunderBear
19th Nov 2005, 05:21 PM
Actually... this works for me
The Team Members can even use the Sigs from their bio pages.

Nicely done hal...

EvilEngine
19th Nov 2005, 09:53 PM
Hello fellow TO members! Yey, finally have the forum back up. I love the color theme too.

Ersatz
19th Nov 2005, 10:36 PM
Team Orbit lands again.

Agent-X
20th Nov 2005, 01:30 AM
Wow! The site looks great.

Twrecks
21st Nov 2005, 10:01 PM
Team members will have access to a private forum, where we can discuss... PRIVATE STUFF

ThunderBear
22nd Nov 2005, 02:46 PM
Heh, that spoiler feature is pretty hip.
Hm... I can't remember ever seeing someone actually use it.

Hillgiant
22nd Nov 2005, 04:50 PM
Hey guys looking great!

blackizzy
22nd Nov 2005, 10:41 PM
hey!!! that's as fun as walking on the moon!

Simon Warwick
22nd Nov 2005, 11:18 PM
Hey everyone, great to see things up and running.

Ersatz
23rd Nov 2005, 12:38 AM
Looks good so far.

Radical Dreamer
23rd Nov 2005, 12:47 AM
Yep everything is looking good

enyx
24th Nov 2005, 03:57 AM
Woo, neat color scheme. It's very clean. Oh and good to be here n' such... :)

UThor
25th Nov 2005, 01:34 PM
Hi everyone. Boy, this site is looking great!

Emo
29th Nov 2005, 12:48 PM
Hi TO Members! Glad to see the forum back up. It's looking good too!

Gravity
29th Nov 2005, 11:50 PM
What's up everyone! :)

Mike_Vox
29th Nov 2005, 11:57 PM
Hello, great to see everyone here!

NamVo
30th Nov 2005, 12:17 AM
Hello Team Orbit :D

BeastyBoy
30th Nov 2005, 12:59 PM
One slightly used BeastyBoy reporting for duty.
Where's the beer?

dornski
30th Nov 2005, 10:34 PM
Spoooooon!

MonkeyGod
3rd Dec 2005, 01:11 AM
Hey all

ThunderBear
8th Dec 2005, 09:44 PM
Twrecks and hal did a great job getting this together. Mad props to them.

As "T" mentioned, the private forums are now open for content creators. Hal has added our team member screenames (those who have allready registered here at the BU forums). You should now be able to see this new section, once you login.

By the way, nice turn out.

Celestial Hero
16th Dec 2005, 02:48 AM
Greetings, Team

Bazzi
17th Dec 2005, 05:21 AM
I'm glad you finally "did it" :)

ThunderBear
17th Dec 2005, 05:58 AM
Why thank you Bazzi. I learned alot putting this one together. Heh, like what happens when you dont eat, drink, or sleep for nearly forty hours.

Still have to tweak a few things, but it was solid enough to launch. We pulled some cool tricks here and there, all of them safe. For example, on any of these pages (beyondunreal domain only) you can refresh your page, and the backgrounds will swap out randomly. There are five possible backgrounds for each of the areas: main, galleries, and downloads. At times background will repeat, as per the code's random nature.

Try it out if you like, on the main site, by just hitting F5 a few times.

Thanks for stopping by bro...

SandRock
17th Dec 2005, 06:04 PM
Am i late or what =p
Hey mates, good to see you all back again ^x^

My post count ;(

Bazzi
18th Dec 2005, 07:24 AM
Why thank you Bazzi. I learned alot putting this one together. Heh, like what happens when you dont eat, drink, or sleep for nearly forty hours.

Try it out if you like, on the main site, by just hitting F5 a few times.

Thanks for stopping by bro...
Heh, but dont forget to sleep every once in a while, I recently learned as well how it feels when your eyes can't stand anymore watching at a TFT....

but if you have some minor questions you can always ask me, I'd be glad to help you out occasionally.... I just don't have the time at the moment to take on any project :(

ThunderBear
18th Dec 2005, 12:59 PM
Yes, I agree with you on the health thing. Vertigo is no fun. You fall out of your chair, and that's where you stay. But I'm back now (sticks propping me up). I've had a full night's rest, so it's all good.

I will definately give you a call, the next time the laws of internet physics won't bend to my liking. In fact, I still need to preload that menu background gif (will add it to my todo list).

BTW people, you need the latest flash plugin for our front page dynamic text to load properly, erm... and for those of you who did not understand that last sentence, just click HERE (http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash).

ShitMonkey
19th Dec 2005, 11:21 AM
I am so glad the site is back up. I love this place. You did a great job. :D

Bazzi
19th Dec 2005, 12:40 PM
While we're at it, could you please disable that annoying intro flash? or at leastplace a link to the main page.

ThunderBear
19th Dec 2005, 02:05 PM
OK skip link is up. Bear in mind that BeyondUnreal's Team Orbit sidebar link goes to one of our domains, not to our BU site. So our flash intro serves in part as a redirect back here, to Beyond Unreal.

You should be able to hop over it now. Later, we do plan to change the intro. Heh, obviously we're not "coming back" indefinately...

Comrade Jerkov
23rd Dec 2005, 12:35 PM
Closer to home than I'll ever be! :P

And BU got another member as I joined to continue following this great project. Hopefully you guys now have a stable location here :P

Wow. So many new faces. I shall have to spend some time getting acquainted.

Lev
24th Apr 2009, 12:15 AM
I have just downloaded and played NeoCairo 5.2. Nice game, however I did not found weapons on the slot 9. Not good! I think that this mod deserves much more weapons! :)

ThunderBear
11th Oct 2009, 11:51 PM
Great to meet you friend,

Pleasant surprise to see that version still played.
Later, we released a turbo version with around 80 maps.
I also believe those releases had way more than nine weaps.
So it could actually be a bug.

Thank you for the kind word.
NeoCairo is coming back.

Party On,

trinitysj
24th Jan 2010, 01:08 PM
Hey man it is me Jason Weaver from way back in the day. How are ya? Back when we started this with Alan, Jonathon, you and myself. Good to see that you are still workin on this project. Can I help any?