PDA

View Full Version : DA 1.1 hopefully soon and last release!

Dest
16th Nov 2005, 05:17 AM
I have sad news to report for you DA fans,
Due personal issues and motivation problems, DA 1.1 is having an hard time to release. I can't say when its coming, but we are intending to release the IGF version (most probably with some map updates) that was submitted for the competition last month.

Update2:

The IGF announcment is getting near! So is version 1.1! When we do get a finalist position in the IGF competition, we will most probably be making an version 1.2 to promote at the IGF show in the US. So stay tuned!

Update3:

We have also been thinking of introducing the 'shadow' forces, but then we would need modelers/skinners and additional coders. It would then just replace the whole attacking team with allien player models and their own turrets etc, which in my mind should look awesome. The defenders can then have their own camo (there are 4 in da) matching the maps. But unfortunatly without those people this sadly won't happen.

Update4:

We are not in the finals of the IGF contest! Which really shocked and dissapointed us.

Dest,

HappyHarry
16th Nov 2005, 11:37 AM
Sad...you had so much work at least for nothing. :(

spec_x
16th Nov 2005, 04:30 PM
Yeah, that's what happens when you spend a lot of time on a mod for a community that's completely dead :P

Helioth
16th Nov 2005, 07:29 PM
wtf-cake ?

Its only been out for like. . . 2 - 3 months : (
give it a chance guys.
patch me up !

HappyHarry
17th Nov 2005, 02:31 AM
The same happened to Frag-Ops...great mod but as the developers said they will stop the development the community died...

rich_zap
19th Nov 2005, 04:57 AM
Is there going to be a DA3 developed for UT2007 ? Or is that just a pipe dream ?

spec_x
19th Nov 2005, 07:53 PM
well, I know of a few of us that would like to see that happen...

Enfyrneaux
19th Nov 2005, 08:34 PM
I'm not really surprised. You guys have been working on it for so long that you're burned out.
The least you could do is release the buildfiles when you're done with development.

- EDIT -

Or better yet, just take a break and forget about DA2 entirely until the new year. It'll freshen your minds...then you can come back and add that horde we all look forward to :D

Hunz
20th Nov 2005, 08:19 AM
As you have noticed the development has cooled down a bit. As usual, reallife got most of us...

However, the development of Defence Alliance has not ceased and 1.1 will be released soon!

Yoshimoto
24th Nov 2005, 09:21 PM
Does that mean it will continue production or will 1.1 still be the final release?

Dest
25th Nov 2005, 05:24 AM
most probably 1.1 the last version, and still beta. But we'll see what happens when 1.1 is out!

heron
27th Nov 2005, 11:45 AM
The "Heron" kiss of death strikes again. I only discovered this most excellent mod about 36 hours ago and I've played tons of it since. I love it. I'm just gutted I can only find three servers running it, and they only have me playing :(

Enfyrneaux
1st Dec 2005, 07:03 PM
Hey, I will be playing it online next year. Perhaps we should get as many people to play online as we can...

heron
2nd Dec 2005, 02:24 AM
Seconded!

Dest
2nd Dec 2005, 09:40 AM
good to hear :D Thanks for support!

stephen_wq
10th Dec 2005, 10:43 PM
I so wish i could do some form of modding.
I hate it when good mods die, and the boring ones live.
Oh well, i hope you come back for 2007 and go for vehicles.

Darkstar(nl)
11th Dec 2005, 03:29 PM
Yes whe need a goed mod on UT 2007.

innociv
21st Dec 2005, 02:40 PM
DA3 would be awesome but even more work ;P

Hyperforce
27th Dec 2005, 12:15 PM
sad day.

but I guess the community died out for most total conversions.
I'll be waiting for ut2007 and a possible DA3
give me a call when that time comes, I might be able to really help out this time.

stephen_wq
28th Dec 2005, 04:27 AM
You better not die any time soon, i still havent got over Maximum Velocity Paintball dieing in the email i received 5 min ago. :( mvpb.net

Oh well, im still waiting....

Yoshimoto
28th Dec 2005, 06:29 AM
One day when I learn more advanced programming I'll play with this thing's code. One day....

Dest
28th Dec 2005, 08:50 AM
Hyperforce what happend to your tank that you was making?

Btw, thread updated.

Jackal239
4th Jan 2006, 05:23 PM
Don't worry, we are still working.

I'll let you guys know when I have to go give Dest a motivational speech.

And what a speech it will be.

I have already copie...er...written it in based from inspiration from an SNL skit!

dishwasherlove
10th Jan 2006, 05:31 AM
Online DA2 may be dead but its still kicks ass over LAN.

Everytime I get my mates round we always bust it out for some good fun!

Looking forward to 1.1.

Kharnellius
18th Jan 2006, 12:20 AM
Update4:

We are not in the finals of the IGF :minigun: contest! Which really shocked and dissapointed us.

Dest,

WTF!?!?!!!?!? :tdown:

FoxDF
18th Jan 2006, 04:35 AM
@Kharnellius:
http://news.moddb.com/15229/IGF-Mod-Finalists/ -.-

Kharnellius
18th Jan 2006, 10:13 AM
@Kharnellius:
http://news.moddb.com/15229/IGF-Mod-Finalists/ -.-

LoC.

UNFE|Jason
13th Feb 2006, 10:20 AM
Yeah, that's what happens when you spend a lot of time on a mod for a community that's completely dead :P

Sad to see you stop, this is the time when you should be resting for UT2007 and working on updates for 'when they are finnished', anyway great work and its a shame to see you finnish.

And I agree the UT2004 community is more or less dead now, shame. I downloaded a load of UT2004 mods and discovered no ones playing anything, its a shame good mods take ages to finnish and cheap bad mods get made quicker and steal the spotlight.

Take care from the Unreal fortress evolution team.

Kharnellius
13th Feb 2006, 10:37 AM
Sad to see you stop, this is the time when you should be resting for UT2007 and working on updates for 'when they are finnished', anyway great work and its a shame to see you finnish.

And I agree the UT2004 community is more or less dead now, shame. I downloaded a load of UT2004 mods and discovered no ones playing anything, its a shame good mods take ages to finnish and cheap bad mods get made quicker and steal the spotlight.

Take care from the Unreal fortress evolution team.

They're still working on it, just a bunch of testing and tweaking to do.

UNFE|Jason
13th Feb 2006, 10:43 AM
They're still working on it, just a bunch of testing and tweaking to do.

Yeah I know 1.1 and then the end (DA) :(.

Were still working on UNF:E just for kicks and to provide the people who are still about something extra, were waiting on UT2007 for the next version of Unreal fortress

rich_zap
13th Feb 2006, 12:40 PM
I think that if a mod is going to be really popular on ut2007, the models and artwork needs to be done before the release so that the mod can be released within 6 months of the game coming out. That should be right at the peak in terms of community size.

UNFE|Jason
13th Feb 2006, 12:50 PM
I think that if a mod is going to be really popular on ut2007, the models and artwork needs to be done before the release so that the mod can be released within 6 months of the game coming out. That should be right at the peak in terms of community size.

Its not the models and skins that hold back a mod, usually its the code and animations that take the big chunk of time, and of course mapping is becoming more and more demanding to.

Kharnellius
13th Feb 2006, 01:30 PM
Its not the models and skins that hold back a mod, usually its the code and animations that take the big chunk of time, and of course mapping is becoming more and more demanding to.

Very much so. Besides, working on a mod before a game comes out is somewhat pointless from the standpoint you don't entirely know how the engine will handle certain things until you have played around with it first.

You can certainly begin brainstorming beforehand. But actual content creation is a bit hard to do beforehand.

The code part is probably the hardest and I wish I knew more about it so I could contribute more. I am beginning to play around with it but it iwll be a long time before I will be proficient enough to be of any significant use.

rich_zap
13th Feb 2006, 01:44 PM
Yes your right, as long as your team is large, if your team is small it can be the other way round with content severely slowing down development.

kyriakoulis
2nd Mar 2006, 12:32 PM
HELLO TO ALL .... I AM NEW IN THIS GAME AND I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A QUESTION PLZ!!!YOU SELL SOME RUNES THAT WE MAY BUY FROM INTERNET...CAN YOU GIVE ME SOME ADVICES ON HOW CAN I DO THIS BUYMENT? THX IN ADVANCE !!!:)

Thejackal
2nd Mar 2006, 06:32 PM
ill give you the benefit of the doubt here and ask you what exactly do you mean?
because either im more tired then i thought of your talking about something completely diferent

Jonny Buffalo
2nd Mar 2006, 06:57 PM
jackie \0/

Kharnellius
2nd Mar 2006, 08:17 PM
HELLO TO ALL .... I AM NEW IN THIS GAME AND I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A QUESTION PLZ!!!YOU SELL SOME RUNES THAT WE MAY BUY FROM INTERNET...CAN YOU GIVE ME SOME ADVICES ON HOW CAN I DO THIS BUYMENT? THX IN ADVANCE !!!:)

HELLO TO YOU.....I AM NOT NEW TO THIS GAME AND I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A QUESTION PEAS!!!11!1ONE! I SELL SELL RUNES SOME THAT YOU MAY BY FROM INTERNAT.....ADVICE SOME FOR YOU WOULD BE TO GIVE ME UR CREDIT CARD SECRET CODE FIRST. SEND TO IMAFLAMINGTARD@WTF.COM !!!11!1!!!! WELCOME IN ADVANCED!!!:) :) :D ;) :o :( :mad:

:stupid: :shake: :rolleyes:

Dest
3rd Mar 2006, 07:32 AM
RoFL! :lol:

{UFF}HAMMERSTIEN
6th Mar 2006, 07:19 AM
:)

stephen_wq
9th Mar 2006, 12:46 AM
Its been almost 2 months since the estimated release, all i want to know is:
Whats the chance of it being finished before april?

And why the hell are there evil popups and VBscript messages on the main page asking to install a registry cleaner??!?
/me suggests TweakNow Regcleaner, has no spyware.
http://www.tweaknow.com/RegCleaner.html

edit: Ahh, they are attacking! if you want money from ads, use banners, as they dont annoy the heck out of people. Google ads are good because they arent blocked by many ad blockers(the text ones).
[/offtopic]

Dest
9th Mar 2006, 01:42 AM
It's pretty much release ready, except for some online bugs, which im no sure if they going to be fixed. And then somebody needs to release it....

People with mirrors please email abs. (absolut@planetunreal.com)

And I dunno who added popups to the site (probably fluxs), but I've got norton anyways. And we (me) don't get money of it...

stephen_wq
9th Mar 2006, 02:08 AM
same, blocks all evil (popups), but not on this computer.
I have a mirror, i am willing to use up 15% of my webspace for it, as all i do is host files for people.
i'll try and find abs email address.