sorry, this is non ut related, but !!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

seabee

Unreal Maddness
Feb 5, 2005
heres the situation, boss got a new puter at work, it came with a oem, still in plastic XP PRO W sp2. He game it to me, and i opened and installed it lastnite, however it is one that must be registered at 30 days or it stops working.
Now if i register it, shouldnt be its own copy and have nothing to do with his puter, because it was sealed, it couldnt be the same copy as whats on his, RIGHT!
Well there it is, please let me know, if anybody has an idea.
thanks.

Gumby

Pretty in Pink!
Feb 29, 2004
A long long way from home...
All windows discs are the same. Its the serial number that identifies each copy - along with whatever system info they take note of... Technically you shouldn't use his serial, but you can "reinstall" Windows up to 4 times a year apparently...

seabee

Unreal Maddness
Feb 5, 2005
sorry it was late for me when i wrote that post, ok to expand, the oem disk has no info abt the bosses new puter, (I assume).
this xp disk was fully sealed, with acompaning microsoft books on how to use windows xp pro. now wouldnt his puter have its own ssn#, and my sealed copy should have its own ssn#. right, or am i just getting this wrong.
see when i got my new puter, from compaq, i had to burn a backup disk and i had no new, sealed, with the neat lasered reflective disk.

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Eat_my_shorts said:
All windows discs are the same. Its the serial number that identifies each copy - along with whatever system info they take note of... Technically you shouldn't use his serial, but you can "reinstall" Windows up to 4 times a year apparently...

I'm not too sure about that. I actually lost my original XP CD and used a friends to reinstall, but it wouldn't take my CD key... even though it was legit.