Selecting a mesh and finding it's texturemap?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Yotamo

Nov 2, 2005
Hi, (newbie here:D ), I hope someone can help me.
How can I locate the texturemap name or texture package being used on a piece of geometry(staticmesh or bsp) in Unrealed? TheStatic mesh properties doesnt show anything nor surface properties.
I cant possible sift through the whole directory of textures packages to find just one! I'm asking this while having one of the factory maps loaded in Unrealed.
Thanks!
Yotamo

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
Yotamo said:
TheStatic mesh properties doesnt show anything nor surface properties.
No idea where you're looking, but the staticmesh properties show where you can find the mesh under Display >> StaticMesh, then from there you can find the texture by looking in the Skins array in the staticmesh browser. For surface properties, it's in the top of the property window.

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
Right,
after you see the staticmesh name in "display" of the properieis, then open the staticmesh browser,go find the mesh, then under that youl see "materials"
click on the dropdown and youl see the texxture names.