PDA

View Full Version : Linux love ?

DarkCarnival
29th Oct 2005, 05:49 PM
Heya.
I just downloaded it and although I didn't see any servers with any players on, I tried it out a bit anyway and it seems really nice..It's especially cool that the size is so little compared to how much you feel you get ! :)

Anyway.. I know you give away the ZIP download. But perhaps you ought to think just a little about saying that this can actually work on other systems ? Just to reassure people who will look at it. Perhaps make a place on your page which says "supported on" followed by a windows flag, the mac logo (whatever that is :P) and the linux penguin.

Because it really does work in linux too, and it would be such a shame to loose a little bit of the potential playerbase due to lack of promotion :)

A linux installguide really needs to be much more than a small notion such as:

Download the zipped installation and unpack it in your ut2004 directory:
unzip DA2Setup.zip

Make sure you have the latest patch (currently 3355) from www.unrealtournament.com, which can be installed by downloading the patch and unpacking it in your ut2004 directory:
tar -xvjf ut2004-lnxpatch3355.tar.bz2

Run the mod by typing this in the console: ut2004 -mod=DA2

Most really won't need much more than this to get going :) If you wanted you could add some simple shortcuts (which would by the way work on both major desktop-enviroments). It's really no hassle at this point and I hope you'd consider drawing attention to your cross-platform compatibility.

Othen then that, great mod and I hope to see some of you online ;)

DA|aBsOlUt
29th Oct 2005, 06:49 PM
Hey man, thanks for the suggestion but at http://www.planetunreal.com/da/, at the top it says

Now, C64 is a...joke :D

HappyHarry
30th Oct 2005, 04:41 AM
I'm still trying to load it on my c64....but it takes some time :D