Question about updating UT99 Mutator.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Crackpot{DGS}

Oct 20, 2005
I receieved a request from someone to update a UT99 mutator (CTF Do The Right Thing) and it has the following line:

Code:
Start = Owner.Location + Owner.CalcDrawOffset(Owner.Inventory) + Owner.FireOffset.X * X + Owner.FireOffset.Y * Y + Owner.FireOffset.Z * Z;

The compiler gives the following error " Error: C:\Program Files\UT2004\CTFDoTheRightThing\Classes\CTFDoTheRightThingMutator.uc(75) : Error, Unrecognized member 'FireOffset' in class 'Pawn'"

I know nothing about coding for UT99 as I have never played it. How can I upgrade that line to UT2k4?

Last edited:

Uncommon

Flag Monkey
Mar 31, 2000
Calabasas, CA
www.uncommonplace.com
"Upgrading" code from UT99 to UT03/04 is a tricky thing; I think it's usually better to start over.

What's the context of that line? I don't know what the modern equivalent of FireOffset might be; you might have to rethink that section.