Why are we not in the top 200 UT sites?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
Hehe, Desire 2 Fire is in 8th place. :D

The D2F community is pretty big, and it's expanding. :)

And I believe most of D2F knows about BU, I know that some of the clan leaders are checking here for news.

EDIT: Btw hal, didn't you get my PM?

Last edited:

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Probably takes people to click on specific link to vote for the site, which therefore means bugger all :)
How do they measure popularity? Why is it that I have never visited 95% of any of those sites even though I follow the unreal community pretty closely?
How come the top ten sites there are utter sh!te, with virtually no usefull or relevant information? :)

IMHO this is a lot more representative
http://www.big-boards.com/kw/games/
place 101 with only 1 other UT related site above us.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Neat site. I was thinking in terms of the overall site and not just forums, but all the same... :) Also, filter by English and you see we pop to 67. Naturally, we spike up most considerably around game releases.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
double post FTW

OK then, for overall site visits, to satisfy your need... :)

The Most Popular Unreal Sites
None of the sites listed on that gamesites200.com site, are anywhere to be seen :D
(but you already knew that)

We (or I at least) have better things to do than vote for this site, on a random site, that itself is not very good and not well visited.
I'd never even heard of this gamesites200 site before this, so why would I care if we are top of that list or not?
The facts about the popularity of BU speak for themselves imo.

Oh, for friendlyness sake, I better add that this is nothing against kortniechan or the fact that he posted about this site, but more a dig at that gamesites200 itself. :)

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Actualy, who go on that but ugly website to check that? Just my 2 cents but em. I would rather tell myself that the top ones are

1- Atari forums :hmm: (forum links on official ut website.)
2-BU
3-Unreal playground
4-BU - infiltation AND ALL THE HOSTED SITES
10- UT2003 HQ

100- all the clan crap and levels4you like.

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
|dub| said:
How come the top ten sites there are utter sh!te, with virtually no usefull or relevant information?

Did you miss my post?

As I said, the D2F community is big, and it's getting bigger.
We were at first a euro only clan, but now we've started to reqruit americans as well.
I think it's pretty safe to say that we will soon be bigger than Ci, if that matters.
Just because you might not have heard of us, doesn't mean we're not well known. We certainly are.
We might not have that "relevant information" you're talking about, but once you get on the forum,
you'll find out that we're one of the friendliest clans out there.

And please don't say that our site is "utter sh!te", because it's not. :)

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Nines said:
Did you miss my post?

As I said, the D2F community is big, and it's getting bigger.
We were at first a euro only clan, but now we've started to reqruit americans as well.
I think it's pretty safe to say that we will soon be bigger than Ci, if that matters.
Just because you might not have heard of us, doesn't mean we're not well known. We certainly are.
We might not have that "relevant information" you're talking about, but once you get on the forum,
you'll find out that we're one of the friendliest clans out there.

And please don't say that our site is "utter sh!te", because it's not. :)
Yeah, out of the top sites on that gamesites200 your clan site is not badly made.
But point is, why would I visit your site? Unreal info? You can't say theres much of that there. Even if theres a little, is there anything on there that I won't find on BU?
An unreal forum? What does it have that I can't find here or on a thousand other UT forums?
So what is it then exactly that makes it such a "top unreal site" that it deserves to be so high up in an unreal site ranking? (retorical) I would think that the reason your site is in the top ranks on gamesites200.com is because you guys have a vote link to gamesites200.com on your main page.
You see my point?
I'm not out to slander your site or clan, but mearly to point out that the gamesites200.com rankings mean absolutely nothing.

To me it seems that all pages that are on that site are seeking attention, rather than have it.
The gamesites200.com is not promoting or showing the best unreal sites as it claims, but rather showing how many users from the respective sites have been bored enough to click on a link.

btw. Ci ftw \o/

Last edited:

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
Btw, D2F has only existed for little over a year. ;)
In that time we've gotten pretty big.

Sure we're not an Unreal site, like BU, but our community is pretty big.
And who knows, in the future we might be one of the biggest Unreal sites. :p ;)

And yeah, we have a voting link on our main page, to the lower right.
So that people that come to our site and like it, can vote. :)

Still nothing beats BU though. :)

Scuzzbuster

It's Crunchy. It's Nice.
Jan 28, 2001
Indiana, USA
www.deviantknowledge.com
UT2K3.NET is on the list and we've been closed for about 9 months. If I recall, you actually submit your site there...kind of like a massive link exchange. You put their little banner somewhere on your homepage and they measure the traffic in and out and rank them.