Keep it Clean

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kitty.cat

It'll work, just not the right way.
Sep 18, 2005
Oregon
I don't mind competitive trash talk, don't get me wrong. But I've noticed (especially past the times most of the euros go to sleep, but not always) an unsettling amount of really bad attitude on INF. Lots of verbal attacks for no reason, and relentless bashing of people.
I'd just like to say, we're a very tight community. INF is not a widely played game, and to have crap like this going on is painful. I'd like to see some more effort to keeping our little community clean.

I'd like to thank the admins for working on getting rid of some of the more gameplay ruining idiots, and people like RoadStroker for already being vigilant against the firemouths.

Kitty.cat

It'll work, just not the right way.
Sep 18, 2005
Oregon
geogob said:
Play less TDM. More EAS or DTAS.

There. I said it.

Mm it actually started in EAS. But then we all voted to do TDM for Cabb who's too new to be effective at EAS.

Domino

< Phoenix Rising >
Oct 25, 1999
Houston
Uh, Who cares? Making a thread like this won't stop them or stop people being retards. Just take comfort in knowing there is nothing you can do to change these people, and ignore them. Simple as that.

Ping/-\

Tent Pitcher
Sep 14, 2004
I rarely if ever have posted on here, because I usually lurk and just read. After last night, I knew "Kitty" would make this thread and it's quite funny considering how hypocritical she is. Last night everyone was playing fine until Kitty as usual started bitching because I was camping on some map that is hard to get into some room without door breach charges, yet she was doing the same thing. She seems to despise for no apparrent reason, which I honestly I couldn't give two ****s about as it actually amuses me that my existence is such an integral part of her life. For such a "great team",that "dotcat" supposedly is, you sure do bitch and moan when people do similar "strategies" in game. You seem to have an inferiority complex that is only satisfied when you own noobs in game. If that's the case, I pity your real life in which you cower in fear from everything you can not control. Everyone who played last night YipYip, Eternity, and StevenGarcia, saw your childish behavior in full effect. (Camping and then bitching when others did the same. Bitching about what weapons people use) Guess what, unlike you, I never claimed to be skilled at INF or any other game for the simple fact that I play for fun and to interact with others who are just there to have fun. I admit that I am fairly low skilled at INF and always will be because I don't have time nor motivation to become skilled at this game or any other for that matter. Those that are ridiculously good at online games are usually the ones who have a lot of free time on their hands which I do not with two jobs and a life. You being the leader of a community group, should have more respect and dignity than to go into the game and start ridiculing people, but alas you are no better than the players who cheat in game just to **** up the fun atmosphere. It's a damn shame when the Inf community attracts such ****ty people into the game. BTW, I love your childish antics and wit in game, it reminds me of my neice who's five years old. :lol:

...and for those who which to comment and jump on her puss or whatever, be my guest. For those that are offended by my post, admin can clean it up or delete because it makes no difference as I have voiced my opinion and that is all that matters. I'm sure most disagree with me, but alas those that do are usually the ones with their heads too far up their asses because a female is on the internet and the usual "omghi2u" routine ensues. Thank you and have a nice day. :D

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
Ping I have seen you on a number of occasions hiding in a dark corner waiting for enemies to walk by. In some situations that would be acceptable; however I personally think you do this excessively and in situations which do not warrant such actions. That is not enjoyable for any of the other players involved, and is very much against what is generally agreed as good sportsmanship. If you are playing this game just to win, then there are plenty of other games that would be much more suitable and easier to do so. You don't have to win all the time to have fun - the whole point of Inf is that it is challenging, and that is why I enjoy it more than other games.

For your information I am a full time student, have a part-time job and also have a life. I am not the best Inf player there is, but I am good at it because I spent what time I had improving my skills instead of using cheap tactics. Try it - it is much more fulfilling.

This is a forum for discussing Inf. As such, you have very little basis for asking an admin to 'clean it up', and such a request gives the impression you are unwilling to listen to other people's views. I would also suggest you do not make sexist remarks.

Ping/-\

Tent Pitcher
Sep 14, 2004
I have camped (ambushed as Kitty calls it), I do not deny it, I also have rushed forward. I do not play to win as is evident by my scores. Although if you wish to believe that, then I can not assist your blindness. I prefer hiding and attacking versus rushing forward to my death like a fool. Try it, it's more fun. I do not camp when I am the last person standing and I usually move after I have killed one person. As far as enjoyable for others players, hmmm should I just stand still and be a target so it's more enjoyable for others? I don't understand the "cheap tactics" comment considering in real life soldiers don't run in like a pack of lemmings ready to jump off a cliff. As far as the sexist comment goes, check any internet forum and you will see how quickly people defend a person based on the fact that it is a female. It is a fact of life whether you believe it or not.

*edit* Forgot to add this: I am willing to hear valid opinions, not hypocritical bull**** threads. So far, the only opinion or statement I have deemed invalid, is the original thread starter.

Last edited:

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
I wouldn't advise trying to convince me you are using stealth, I may have to introduce you to Mr. Midwinter ;). I know camping when I see it, and like I said it seemed to me to be a bit excessive. I favour neither the stealth nor rushing, but a more tactical approach that varies between but not quite up to those extremes.

But this is not about camping, this is about the attitude of some people and verbal abuse. Your post above looks simply to be a personal attack on someone with a genuine concern about attitudes. You weren't even named in the first post, why reveal youself to be one of the accused? If that wasn't your intent, I suggest you modify your first post and be much more careful with your wording.

In case you haven't noticed, this is not just any internet forum, nor am I just any internet forumer. There are no such thing as facts of life to me.

Last edited:

Ping/-\

Tent Pitcher
Sep 14, 2004
It's funny, because this thread came about right after last night's incidents and unlike others, I don't sugar coat or indirectly make statements. I do label myself as part of the incident for having stooped to her level as did yipyip and returned the insults. Then again, I'm not known for taking **** from people when I have done nothing. Her concern is as genuine as my thoughts about being an astronaut. If she was so concerned, she wouldn't instigate incidents like last night and would instead just shut up and play and enjoy the game. Alas, she just enjoys annoying people just like the cheaters who have returned in game as of late. My post is a direct comment to her as is obvious. I never intended it to be as an indirect post as hers obviously is. I prefer the direct approach with names and information instead of beating around the bush as was the case with Duke cheating incident. On another note, if "facts of life" are not a reality to you, then I think the outside world might be a bit much for you. ;)

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
Crowze said:
...I am good at it because I spent what time I had improving my skills instead of using cheap tactics. Try it - it is much more fulfilling.

Yes. 'Cheap tactics' such as:

-staying alive
-hiding when you're outnumbered
-covering the members of your squad
-moving slowly - being on the lookout for hostile forces
-shooting an enemy when he doesn't see you

And that's only naming a few 'cheap tactics' (otherwise known as 'playing realistically')!

Next time - you might not want to bother posting - if your post is going to consist of:

'I'm better because I play 'x' way.'

'Jes sayin' is all...

theRoadStroker

A Dickcheese Faggot
May 28, 2005
-staying alive
-hiding when you're outnumbered
-covering the members of your squad
-moving slowly - being on the lookout for hostile forces
-shooting an enemy when he doesn't see you

so i guess there are over a mil soldiers with spiderweb and roots growing out from their asses cuz they havnt moved an inch from where they was inserted ,cuz not moving is how a real soldier do ... so i take it that all the soldiers you see on the news and such who is moving & running are just actors or wait! they must be those bastards kids who is playing TDM in online gaming,cuz we all know TDM is EVIL and makes you less whiny..and we cant have that can we.

as far what i can tell , i can do all these things from above by moving and not by camping only , so please drop the **** about how its so realistic to camp cuz lets face it INF is not real life and it´ll never be ...i prolly shoot myself if it will.

@pinga

bitching about how you have 2 jobs and a LIFE will not get so far...players on the internet dont give a rats ass if you got a life or not , if you were the president or a homeless guy wouldnt have any diffrence simply cuz ppl dont care who are in online gaming ...all they care about is how you play.
And yes if kitty bitched to you about how you use cheap tactics and she does the same is pretty hypocrit but as far as i can tell she didnt metion any gameplay behavior in her 1st post here ,but about how rude and mean behavior and how ppl are insulting and thrash talking so i dont see any reason for you to say those things you did ..simply cuz i dont think its was about you at all ..but i wasnt there so i wouldnt know..

Pipe_Dream

3-time World Champion Bowler
Oct 22, 2004
Portland, OR
Stop all the crying for God Damn sakes! Jesus Christ Every time I play I get sh1t talked to me and I don't care. In fact, I like it. Stop crying to the community every time something happens and your comfort level is shifted. In other words, RELAX CALM Take a deep one and be mellow.

The **** sounds like some Oprah BS My God!

Edit: 1... 2... 3... Hooooooray for my nigga Ping!!!!!! (I didn't read the replies prior to posting)

Last edited:

Ping/-\

Tent Pitcher
Sep 14, 2004
Pipe_Dream said:
Stop all the crying for God Damn sakes! Jesus Christ Every time I play I get sh1t talked to me and I don't care. In fact, I like it. Stop crying to the community every time something happens and your comfort level is shifted. In other words, RELAX CALM Take a deep one and be mellow.

The **** sounds like some Oprah BS My God!

Edit: 1... 2... 3... Hooooooray for my nigga Ping!!!!!! (I didn't read the replies prior to posting)

You are the greatest :D You should come and wreak havoc in game more often, you are an enormous asset

Pipe_Dream

3-time World Champion Bowler
Oct 22, 2004
Portland, OR
Ping/-\ said:
You should come and wreak havoc in game more often

Shhhh... I can't do that anymore on the regular servers (I'm banned:( ) I won't do it on the other servers (I don't wanna be banned from them :eek: )

Ping/-\

Tent Pitcher
Sep 14, 2004
theRoadStroker said:
@pinga

bitching about how you have 2 jobs and a LIFE will not get so far...players on the internet dont give a rats ass if you got a life or not , if you were the president or a homeless guy wouldnt have any diffrence simply cuz ppl dont care who are in online gaming ...all they care about is how you play.
And yes if kitty bitched to you about how you use cheap tactics and she does the same is pretty hypocrit but as far as i can tell she didnt metion any gameplay behavior in her 1st post here ,but about how rude and mean behavior and how ppl are insulting and thrash talking so i dont see any reason for you to say those things you did ..simply cuz i dont think its was about you at all ..but i wasnt there so i wouldnt know..

Of course she didn't because she likes to avoid talking about anything else except her diluted version of how "rude behavior" is prevalent now. I wish yipyip would read this and post to prove my point. As far as the camping goes, no one in real life charges forward like a mad idiot unless it's a ****ing actor. I know a few real life army, air force and marines and none of them charge forward like idiots or camp in one spot forever. In game I camp untill i can kill one idiot rusher and then I advance slowly and cautiously. If that ruins someone elses gameplay, then oh well tough ****. It's funny because the people who bitch about that INF is "as real as it gets" are usually the morons who expect you to run in so that they can snipe you, yet bitch and moan when you do similar tactics to them. In all honesty, if you got killed whether it be from a rusher or a camper or something in between, the bottom line is you got beat that round, so stfu, wait the next round, and try again. At the end of the day, it's still a ****ing game and you didn't win or lose anything tangible, so who gives a **** about how you accomplished your goals as long as you did.

theRoadStroker

A Dickcheese Faggot
May 28, 2005
pinga i dont really know why you are trying to justify your camping to me i havnt complained about your camping here... and i dont think i do it online either i just called you a camper once or twice (and thats what you are right ? :D ) maybe your post wasnt directed to me but since you quoted me and you didnt direct any part to me (@road) i take it like the full post was for me.

i do think ppl expect players not to camp in tdm same way ppl expect to work as a team and and defend in dtas and eas....in dtas for example if you rush when defending and do a good job taking out 4 of 6 attackers so the rest of the defending team only have to kill 1 to win ,you still get the disrespect from the rest of the players and they start saying -"fcking TDMer".

Ping/-\

Tent Pitcher
Sep 14, 2004
Actually the only part directed to you was the Kitty part, and the rest is for Crowze. I should have specified, but oh well. Also, your example of the "tdmer" is exactly what I mean. The only time I feel camping is inappropriate is when it is a one on one situation or if the map is just really ****ty.