PDA

View Full Version : Special Forces Class

Shadowofdeath
23rd Oct 2005, 08:42 PM
Since DA2 needs some kind of badass class like all other class based mods out there have one like the spy from Team Fortress Classic from Half-Life 1 but the class won't exchange uniforms. The primary weapon can be some kind of carbine preferbly an M4ish looking assault rifle and he can have a silenced pistol and some C4. I don't know this just rushed to my mind anyone want to add on to this?

Enfyrneaux
24th Oct 2005, 12:59 AM
Honestly, that just sounds like a regular infantryman with a silenced pistol and some mines - as infantry are already pretty badass ingame.

Why?
-Infantry have the most armor, so they're already the toughest
-They are the second fastest class (EDIT - well I sure thought they were :p )
-The assault rifle is the second most accurate weapon ingame (okay, it looks more like a FAMAS than an M4, but we're going for that "semi-futuristic" look in DA2 ;) )
-They have the more accurate pistol type
-One extra grenade, making three

Like you said the suggestion was a bit rushed, but it's not a worthless idea. I think that the team will be bringing claymore mines (i.e. C4) into DA2 in some future release. However, I doubt that the infantry will have mines simply because they are so powerful.

Black_Seeds
28th Oct 2005, 12:00 AM
I think the less referenced the weapons are to modern day weapons the better.

Helioth
29th Oct 2005, 05:57 AM
C4 is just plastic explosives (not neccesarily mines), and. . . correct me if i'm wrong but Medic is the fastest, followed by sniper, then infantry mgunner and mech all have the same runspeed (a.armor being the slowest), no ?

Well anyway, I'd like to see some kind of rogue class while were on the topic, stealth + melee : ]

rich_zap
29th Oct 2005, 07:19 AM
I think the sniper already has the stealth slot bagged ;), i would like to see a more powerfull machine gunner though...

Black_Seeds
30th Oct 2005, 02:04 PM
Infantry is the fourth fastest, after Medic, Mech and Sniper.

The Rogue idea sounds very RPG'ish.

Helioth
31st Oct 2005, 01:41 PM
yeah, i love rpgs, you got me : ]

Can just imagine it being implemented though ! :D

Jackal239
31st Oct 2005, 07:33 PM
How about a grendier class. Slow, fires explosive things, and has a crap load of armor.

Hunz
31st Oct 2005, 09:39 PM
...someone please animate our grenadelauncher.

Helioth
1st Nov 2005, 11:39 AM
memememememememme.

Enfyrneaux
1st Nov 2005, 12:08 PM
Helioth, if you can do it, why don't you just apply to join the team?!

FluXs
1st Nov 2005, 09:40 PM
yeah, we got the bitch modelled (see site) just its not animated :P

If someone can animate it, it will be in sooner rather than never :)

Hunz
2nd Nov 2005, 07:56 AM
Indeed - every help appreciated!

Dest
2nd Nov 2005, 08:25 AM
hell yeah :P

Helioth
2nd Nov 2005, 01:20 PM
Well, send it over then : )
note me or send me an email or whatever. . .
Dont have THAT much time at the moment but I'm sure i could get it done.

FukMeHo
2nd Nov 2005, 06:03 PM
I agree on the making the mgunner more powerfull'.. it's not a very good class right now. But i know, 1.1 will have less accurate automatic mguns, so machinegunners can be more helpful in the near future.

Yoshimoto
3rd Nov 2005, 12:49 AM
The Machine Gunner needs more kick because I find that it's easier to kill people with the Aussalt Rifle. I've no problems with the speed or recoil but I'd like to have defending a bit more effective for the Machine Gunner.

Hunz
3rd Nov 2005, 12:22 PM
OK, I will test that.

Helioth
7th Nov 2005, 05:40 PM
Gonna send it to me then ? :o

Dest
8th Nov 2005, 04:00 AM
abs has it...