Problems with EAX Audio settings

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

randyannie

Prozac
Oct 13, 2004
Pensacola, FL
Hey everyone, everytime I set my UT2004 audio setting to EAX, my mic goes EAX too. The stereo audio part is fine coming to my headphones, but when I talk through my mic it puts a HUGE reverb effect like I'm some kind of WWF wrestling announcer. :lol:

Anyone know why this is happening. I'm just plugged directly into the back of my SB Audigy2 ZS with both the mic and the stereo plug. :( I just want my voice to be normal sounding and have the headphones enjoy the effects of the EAX setting. :D

Thanks for any help. Prozac :)

Sahkolihaa

Ow...
Dec 29, 2004
England
I think this is actually a bug in the sound engine for UT2004, as when other people speak I also hear the EAX effects on their voices as well.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
You could just turn off playback from the microphone. Mute the microphone in the Control Panel > Sound and Audio Devices. Just make sure you're doing it in the playback section and not the recording section, otherwise you'll just mute your mic from picking up anything rather than telling the computer not to play what's recorded into it back. :p