PDA

View Full Version : Defense Alliance Lite?

Lucian04
16th Oct 2005, 04:37 PM
I don't know if any of you devs have any plans for this in the future. Though I think it would be extremely badass if you made a DA2 light version that would enable usage of DA2's weapons in UT2004's world. If you guys were able to bring just the weapons/animations/hand models into UT2004 as a mutator I would SOOOOOOOOO use it over the Ballistics mod which seems a bit more over the top to me. I really enjoy playing DA2, but with the limited number of maps it's been getting a little drab. I'd so love to use your weapons in UT2004s Lush and Beautiful environments.

Keep up the great work guys,

Lucian

DA|aBsOlUt
16th Oct 2005, 06:17 PM
Possible some 3rd party coder can do it. Permission will need to be asked first.

Currently the team will not be focusing on such project, which I admit might be fun as well.

FluXs
16th Oct 2005, 08:25 PM
I wouldn't mind DA CTF

Lucian04
16th Oct 2005, 09:57 PM
I wouldn't mind DA CTF

I honestly wouldn't mind it either. Perhaps you guys could work on a new DA gametype "Teaser" after your DA2 beta 1.1 release. CTF would be awesome, though I'd think for that you'd have to take away the mechanics turret building ability and just use prefab turrets for the maps that the mechs can maintain. Completing objectives is hard enough lol, no need to spend 15 minutes just trying to capture one flag.:lol:

Black_Seeds
17th Oct 2005, 03:43 AM
I wouldn't mind DA CTF

How about some sort of DA Assault

Wait....

jambo
17th Oct 2005, 04:37 AM
How about some sort of DA Assault

Wait....

lol :lol:

And i think that this would be a great idea, just make all of the weapons in the various layouts available in the game, except choose from one of the two pistols (personally i like the whiter one better). You could do:

Melee: A knife
Assault Rifle: XD-40 Handgun
Bio-Rifle: A-9 SMG
Shock Rifle: LK2-Auto Shotgun
Link Gun: MR-56 Assault Rifle
Minigun: MR40 Machine Gun
Flak Cannon: GK2-Pump Action Shotgun
Rocket-Launcher: MS-25 Rocket Launcher
Sniper-Rifle/Lightning Gun: R86 Sniper Rifle
Mine Layer: D-03 Grenade Launcher

Lucian04
17th Oct 2005, 06:25 AM
lol :lol:

And i think that this would be a great idea, just make all of the weapons in the various layouts available in the game, except choose from one of the two pistols (personally i like the whiter one better). You could do:

Melee: A knife
Assault Rifle: XD-40 Handgun
Bio-Rifle: A-9 SMG
Shock Rifle: LK2-Auto Shotgun
Link Gun: MR-56 Assault Rifle
Minigun: MR40 Machine Gun
Flak Cannon: GK2-Pump Action Shotgun
Rocket-Launcher: MS-25 Rocket Launcher
Sniper-Rifle/Lightning Gun: R86 Sniper Rifle
Mine Layer: D-03 Grenade Launcher

Perfect, though there should be an Anti Vehicle version of the Rlauncher that can track heat signatures