PDA

View Full Version : Lost Reg code for XP HELP!!!!!

seabee
14th Oct 2005, 08:06 PM
i have lost my activation code, it was on the back of my box that came with my windows xp disk, and without it i will not be able to reinstall xp on the puter again without it.
So while i still have not formated this HD, where do i look up the code on this HD.

SkaarjMaster
14th Oct 2005, 10:52 PM
Have you tried regedit and looking in ....LocalMachine...Software/Microsoft/Windows section? Mine is not on my case either, but I have it on the back of the original disc and I think I wrote it down somewhere else.

Nevermind, that's the Product ID and you need the Product Key. I did a quick look around in the registry and I can't find it. Did you try googling Windows Product Key location or something like that?

Try this program called RockXP:
http://www.topqualityfreeware.com/security9.html

Rukee
15th Oct 2005, 09:21 AM
when you find it, do what I do, write the # on the XP install CD itself so it`s allways where you can find it....as long as you can find the XP CD that is. :B

Crowze
15th Oct 2005, 01:46 PM
Call Microsoft and tell them you have lost your key. Last time I tried that they just told me a new one over the phone :D.

seabee
17th Oct 2005, 09:27 PM
thanks for all the help, I was able to download a prog called "all windows key gen" It worked out nice, it generated 4 seperate cd keys, for my copy, and --------------- yes one did work.
I was holding my breath the whole time.