Arcade helicopter shooter mod idea!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Smokin

Nov 23, 2002
www.geocities.com
Game Name = ?
Description -
* you will be flying little helicopters(Which is the comanche) in combat with a topview camera stlye like C&C or warcraft.
* The game play will be heavly arcade influenced with powerups for armor weapons and so on.
* Goals of the game would be to destroy your enemys base before he or she destroys you. You would start of at your base with your wing men, some would stay and defend your base while the others would hunt down and destroy the enemy base. Bases would be randomly placed around a map at the start of the round or map load so that players must search for the enemy base and not already know where it is.
*The scale of the world will be mini micro size if you remember the toy.
*The Comanches will carry a front mounted machine gun that could end up being upgraded to something like a laser and side mounted Missles that retract back into the body of the helicopter. There would be a variety of differetn missiles air to air radar, Air to air heat seaking, Air to ground explosive, air to ground Naplam etc.....

I have modeled a Comanche helicopter and will be modeling the base that you will take off from, defend and destroy, But I am in need of a Coder so i turn this idea into a mod. I am not looking to make a Uber professional mod just one thats fun to play and fun to make.

If anyone is interested please PM me.

Attachments

• Comanche.jpg
    Comanche.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 66

Smokin

Nov 23, 2002
www.geocities.com
yeah Sorry I could have writen the post alittle bit better.

Dimz what do you mean its not a model, Its not professional enough for you or what as you really have me stumped on that its not a model. I thought i was making models the fact that i havnt been making models in 3dsmax gets me thinking what have i been doing these last 2 years.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I like the idea somehow - i am not a coder, but the top view is indeed arcade mode. Could probably bring back some Nes Memories.

Smokin

Nov 23, 2002
www.geocities.com
I have started to make some tree models for mappers i have 2 so far but more will come. So if your a mapper and would like to make a map drop me a PM.

Attachments

• Trees3.jpg
    Trees3.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Trees4.jpg
    Trees4.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 23
ahhh. NES memories.

See: TigerHelli (Link is for the arcade version thou.) http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter=T&game_id=10112

Tiger Heli is the name of your helicopter, according to the box the result of a billion-dollar defense project and forged from ebony metal and glistening chrome. Your goal is to defeat the country of Cantun, which is run by terrorists and has become completely power hungry with an aim to take over the whole world. Youre shooting tanks, ships, aircraft carriers and trains while flying towards the impenetrable military base. You shoot crates to get pickups. If you shoot the crate when it is green you get a bomb pickup, if you shoot it when it is red you get a mini helicopter that attaches to one of your sides shooting sideways, and if you shoot it when it is white you get a mini helicopter shooting forward. If you shoot 10 crates with a yellow diamond shape you get an extra life.

OMFG! A real demo of it. Sound is crappy thou. I love this game! http://www.1980-games.com/us/old-games/nintendo/t/Tiger-Heli/game.php

Last edited: