Jack Thompson Continues to Urinate on Your Severed Brain Stem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
We've seen a few responses from the games community to Miami lawyer and games industry critic Jack Thompson's game proposal that we reported yesterday, in which he promised to give $10,000 to charity if someone made a violent game based on his own idea.

Tim Buckley of Ctrl-Alt-Del hit back with a welcome dose of common sense with today's installment of his popular webcomic.

Gabe of Penny Arcade emailed his thoughts directly to Mr. Thompson, illustrating the work that PA's charity Child's Play has done.

10 grand is pretty weak man. Through our charity www.childsplaycharity.org gamers have given over half a million dollars in toys and cash to children’s hospitals all over the country.

... and Gabe didn't need to wait long for a reply...

My email sig had my phone number in it. Jack actually just called and screamed at me for a couple minutes. He said if I email him again I will “regret it”. What a violent man.

This should sound familiar to anyone who's tried to challenge Mr. Thompson on his moral crusade. Scott Ramsoomair of VGCats posted details of emails sent to him by Thompson this August, in which Thompson demonstrates both his razor wit and judo grip on reality.

Get a name and a life.

Zing. This set of emails published at Aelon.net also makes for interesting reading.

Retodon8

Sheep happens!
Jan 21, 2004
Netherlands
retodon8.net
Mr Thompson always manages to make me laught and cry at the same time.
I have to admit I do feel sorry for the guy when I think about it.
Oh well, he's too far gone to notice himself anyway, so who cares! :)

Steyr

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Apr 1, 2005
On the internets
My name is Jack Tompson. Violent videogames will make you violent. Cease all videogames IMMEDIATELY or I'll RIP OFF YOUR F*CKING FACE, YOU VIOLENT COCKSUCKING BASTARDS!!!

Point proven.

EDIT: $10, eh? Anyone interested in making it with me? :D

Last edited:

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
The man is totally insane. He truly does need to be committed to an asylum.

Desp2/ROG

Mar 5, 2004
Jersey
www.planetunreal.com
It is funny how that proposal for a game is a huge death threat on the whole gaming world and people that make these games, but he does not like people e-maling him with death threats… Sounds like a hypocrite to me. He even has a specific list going for some retailers.

Literally, he is saying he will go to the buildings of games like GTA series, Postal series, and other games and maim people. That sounds more like a death threat than all those e-mails he posted of people just being slightly angry at him with perhaps saying he should die or be killed etc. No I do not think anybody needs to die honestly. I think being a gamer all my life I can clearly say I have not a violent bone in my body. In fact I am such a softy that sometimes I help spiders out to the garden instead of killing them. That is how much I respect life. The fact is that lack of parental guidance is where things go wrong with kids these days.

We should sue him for death threats; of course it is best to ignore him. I feel like I am in danger of my life... Give him what he deserves, a recreation picking up trash and really doing some charity, for four months or so for spiting such death threats at the companies and retailers listed. This could happen legally but nobody will take him seriously so why bother with legal issues…

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Desp2/ROG said:
It is funny how that proposal for a game is a huge death threat on the whole gaming world and people that make these games, but he does not like people e-maling him with death threats… Sounds like a hypocrite to me. He even has a specific list going for some retailers.

Literally, he is saying he will go to the buildings of games like GTA series, Postal series, and other games and maim people. That sounds more like a death threat than all those e-mails he posted of people just being slightly angry at him with perhaps saying he should die or be killed etc. No I do not think anybody needs to die honestly. I think being a gamer all my life I can clearly say I have not a violent bone in my body. In fact I am such a softy that sometimes I help spiders out to the garden instead of killing them. That is how much I respect life. The fact is that lack of parental guidance is where things go wrong with kids these days.

We should sue him for death threats; of course it is best to ignore him. I feel like I am in danger of my life... Give him what he deserves, a recreation picking up trash and really doing some charity, for four months or so for spiting such death threats at the companies and retailers listed. This could happen legally but nobody will take him seriously so why bother with legal issues…
Class action lawsuit. I think we should seriously try to organize one.

nELsOn

bSnakeCastShadow = True
Aug 18, 2005
on a plane
www.nelsonmaps.wordpress.com
Desp2/ROG said:

couldn't have said it any better :)
and about the spiders - i help those little guys too :D
but maybe thompson will pickt that up for his new campaign against videogames proving that all gamers are insane for helping spiders while he who is completely sane enjoys stepping on them or something...

JonAzz

UA Mapper
Aug 1, 2003
North of Philadelphia
Shrimp said:
How do people in the US take people like this guy seriously though?

Surely there must be some sensible people in high up positions to smack tards like this down before they cause damage?
Its the US... some of US here live don't have access to computers and think we should all live like puritans. We found a witch!!!! BURN HER!!!! :(

That is one badly misplaced attorney. What can one law-boy do to practically the THIRD OF THE WHOLE WORLD that relies on video games as entertainment sources? It looks like he's crossed the line of sanity and doesn't even know his intended purpose anymore judging by how he forgot to capitalize all the first letters of his every sentence in those published e-mails.

I'd watch ants move along in their busy lines and say "Lay off, idiot! Don't hurt them coz they haven't done anything to you!" if there was one thoughtless enough to plow their boot into them. (and that boot may just belong to Jackie Boy)