Pilot and Grenadier?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Enfyrneaux

Apr 4, 2002
Later this afternoon
Visit site
I was perusing the Alliance Weapons of the site for the first time in a while, and I noticed:

-The LK2 is used by the Pilot class.
-The D-03 Grenade Launcher is used by the Grenadier class.

While I remember the grenadier from DA:UT (napalm gleeee :D), I wonder about the Pilot. When vehicles are eventually introduced, will the Pilot be the only class allowed to drive them? That would be very interesting...it could also simplify driver/passenger placement in APCs/IFVs/Troop Carriers/Dropships/etc. I was also wondering that if the grenadier was overpowered, could vehicles help balance that out?

Any thoughts?

Hunz

...aka [A|K]Leviathan, mkay?
Jan 7, 2002
Jail
www.arschkeKse.de.vu
I think it will take some time until we introduce vehicles - but I personally would love just to make them ^^
...however, driving a vehicle should be bound to a specific class (mechanic?) and perhaps even the gunner-position of a vehicle should be bound to a class.

FluXs

old skool
Feb 12, 2002
United Kingdom
spawned... however i do like the idea we had of a dropship comes down and drops the vehicles off. But it may be a bit too much just for the sake of a vehicle spawning.

Sites getting an update :)

Andr01d

yeah right...
Jan 4, 2004
www.warpstone.tk
FluXs said:
spawned... however i do like the idea we had of a dropship comes down and drops the vehicles off. But it may be a bit too much just for the sake of a vehicle spawning.

Sites getting an update :)

Hehe.. how bout players getting dropped too then?? :)

(i have less problems with seeing vehicles popping out of nothing then seeing players popping out of nothing...)

MozTS

Us And Them
Sep 12, 2004
Players could come down via ropes or parachutes, and any level with vehicles would be big enough you could drop them off like hercules aircraft do.