PDA

View Full Version : Pilot and Grenadier?

Enfyrneaux
11th Oct 2005, 10:50 PM
I was perusing the Alliance Weapons (http://www.planetunreal.com/da/2/info/alliance_weapons.asp) of the site for the first time in a while, and I noticed:

-The LK2 is used by the Pilot class.
-The D-03 Grenade Launcher is used by the Grenadier class.

While I remember the grenadier from DA:UT (napalm gleeee :D), I wonder about the Pilot. When vehicles are eventually introduced, will the Pilot be the only class allowed to drive them? That would be very interesting...it could also simplify driver/passenger placement in APCs/IFVs/Troop Carriers/Dropships/etc. I was also wondering that if the grenadier was overpowered, could vehicles help balance that out?

Any thoughts?

Hunz
12th Oct 2005, 04:55 AM
I think it will take some time until we introduce vehicles - but I personally would love just to make them ^^
...however, driving a vehicle should be bound to a specific class (mechanic?) and perhaps even the gunner-position of a vehicle should be bound to a class.

rich_zap
12th Oct 2005, 05:06 AM
Would vehicles be built like turrets or spawned like in ONS ?

FluXs
12th Oct 2005, 09:41 AM
spawned... however i do like the idea we had of a dropship comes down and drops the vehicles off. But it may be a bit too much just for the sake of a vehicle spawning.

Sites getting an update :)

Andr01d
17th Oct 2005, 07:34 AM
spawned... however i do like the idea we had of a dropship comes down and drops the vehicles off. But it may be a bit too much just for the sake of a vehicle spawning.

Sites getting an update :)

Hehe.. how bout players getting dropped too then?? :)

(i have less problems with seeing vehicles popping out of nothing then seeing players popping out of nothing...)

MozTS
17th Oct 2005, 06:38 PM
Players could come down via ropes or parachutes, and any level with vehicles would be big enough you could drop them off like hercules aircraft do.