Need more UT2004 movies for DC Independent Film Festival.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dbliton

Just Trying
May 13, 2004
We need more UT2004 movies for the DC Independent Film Festival. If you have a movie that you have created (something that is more than just a frag demo), submit it to the DC Independent Film Festival.

The DC Independent Film Festival & Seminars (DCIFF) is a yearly event where industry professional and the general public can see the latest independent films, whether feature, short, animation, or documentary, from the U.S. and abroad.

This year the DCIFF is accepting Machinima entries in the animation category. MachinimaDudes.com are working to get as many quality films in front of the evaluation board as possible. Because an animation and a short film will be used as leadoffs for each feature film, we are looking to submit over 25 animations (3 to 5 minutes) and shorts (under 15 minutes) to the evaluation board.

MachinimaDudes.com will review your film for possible inclusion to the 2006 DC Independent Film Festival & Seminars (www.DCIFF.org). We will submit the best 25+ films to the film festival at no cost to you - that's a savings of $15 per film.

There are two ways to submit your film

1. Free through www.MachinimaDudes.com

2. Directly to DCIFF via their website (www.dciff.org)

Visit www.MachinimaDudes.com for more information and the Entry Form.

Deadline is Nov 4th, 2005.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Heh, I checked Google Vids for UT2004 stuff last night after I looked for boobs on it. There's about five and they're all horrible. One is a guy driving the spectator camera around Campgrounds and another is some guy trying to capture a flag on Citadel when he doesn't even know what a translocator or a dodge is. :shake:

briach

ಠ_ಠ DaReTaL ಠ_ಠ
Sep 2, 2005
º_º FeiShan º_º
Last edited:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
That second video with the frags is pretty nice, though it gets slow at the end for no good reason. Guess I missed that video after being driven off by all the other craps. :p

dbliton

Just Trying
May 13, 2004
> Can we use the FragBU2003 video?

Two potential issues:
- Who ever submits needs to have the rights to all the music and I think that comercial music was used.
- The movie needs to be something that will appeal to a broad non-player audience. The review board is looking for films with a strong storyline.

I will download the film and give it a view.

Last edited:

ALG

Gallardo
Jul 26, 2005
WI, with the other pro gamers
Turns2Ashes said:
That second video with the frags is pretty nice, though it gets slow at the end for no good reason. Guess I missed that video after being driven off by all the other craps. :p

lol I know the guy who made that one. I actually have had it on my HD for awhile now.

c9H13No3HCl aka Adrenalline aka 19 aka adren. 187| clan, formerly KiA.

DaBeatard

Mr.How
Nov 20, 2002
Visit site
dbliton said:
> Can we use the FragBU2003 video?

Two potential issues:
- Who ever submits needs to have the rights to all the music and I think that comercial music was used.
- The movie needs to be something that will appeal to a broad non-player audience. The review board is looking for films with a strong storyline.

I will download the film and give it a view.
The music is from various stock music libraries, I'd have to do some digging to find out which pieces are from where. Regardless, I don't think anyone is going to want to pay the liscensing fees.