413 LAG vs. earlier versions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wile E Coyote

Jan 30, 2000
Visit site
First, I've been playing UT since it came out. I'm only using a 56k modem which connects at 48,000bps.

There used to be very few, if any, slow downs or lag for me in the beginning. Now after installing v413 with all of the bonus packs, my lag gets terrible with 2+ people on the screen in multiplayer. Single player framerates are fine. Has anyone else noticed that lag/gameplay has become worse?

hardcore_rain|BIG

May 14, 2000
Kentucky
www.scrtc.com
Not sure if the lag has gotten any worse. I think the main problem is the disconnection bug. You disconnect from server but UT still sends data to the server as if you are connected. You can try typing "disconnect" in the UT console, some say it works but I havent had any luck with it. Im running 420 right now and I havent had it happen since I installed it. :p

bullet2.gif

"Beef is when I see you guaranteed to be in I.C.U." -The Notorious B.I.G.

H

Harm

420?, what happened to 418 and 419?

bullet2.gif

Harm
nguID 37090
{aka harm.user
nguID 270344}

Kukuman

HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT HUT
Mar 27, 2000
Bothell, WA
WHERE DID YOU GET 420? I MUST HAVE THIS PATCH!

I have been plagued by the disconnect bug since version 400. 413 was supposed to fix it, but it didn't, although some servers do disconnect properly.

I have not seen an increase in lag since 413.

bullet2.gif

Kukuman|PuF

"Where si my magic hatt??! I AM VARY DIPSSLEASD SIR!!! PH34R M3!!!"

Which is approximate this website, and who are you from the types?

It is website for blood 2 clan, RENAGADE!!!1 is we the amazing experts at the fight with blood 2 on-line and can a blow of foot give to much donkey.

The_Inflictor

Honest and unmerciful
Mar 25, 2000
Midlands
My ping has ponged since I upgraded to 413.

/me waits to be fragged to ribbons tomrrow :(

bullet2.gif

"...you ever stole a win off the jaws of defeat?
When it's there for the taking you'll find me,
I'll be dancing all over its teeth." - McNamara & McNamara

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...
Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
I didnt notice any increase in lag, as far as I know, 413 didnt touch the net code at all.

bullet2.gif

<DJ_Zaccix> I thought Xy went lesbian? :)