PDA

View Full Version : more to rts of the gameplay

PoisoN2003
7th Oct 2005, 07:29 PM
Hey

I was wondering if you could consider making the game more rts like maybe more buildings (turrets) i know there will be more when vehicles will come out but do u think it would be possible to have like a commander in the game?? to order troops go places and where to build

FluXs
7th Oct 2005, 07:54 PM
we are looking at getting mechanics to construct more map specific items :)

brokenFIX
8th Oct 2005, 05:19 PM
Yeah, I remember reading some posts FluXs made in some server the other day, like some objetive in a map that the mechanics needs to construct a bridge so a vehicle could pass throught. Awesome idea!!!

Sardukar
10th Oct 2005, 05:18 AM
"mechanics needs to construct a bridge so a vehicle could pass throught. Awesome idea!!!"

lol i was about to give that same suggestion until i read ur post :P I think other things could be done aswell, such as..

- barriers? to slow down the enemy
- mines? to uhh..blow up the enemy

FluXs
10th Oct 2005, 06:07 AM
yeah the buildable idea I hope will be done in such a way that only the only limitations to its use, will be what the mapper can think to use it for... bridges.... additional barriers around objectives... having them in windows to block gaps... the mapper will decide where these objects will be and its up to the mech to find them and repair them....

The items themselves can either be destroyed and rebuilt. or destroyed and cannot be rebuilt after. Also finishing a build can become part of the objective... Attackers first objective? get mechs to finish construction of these ramps to allow attackers over the wall :)

A finished construction could also trigger an event. Say if the buildable was a power generator, building it would trigger doors to open, or for defenders, doors to close.

Imagine a base with a huge blast door which is open.... defending mechs need to get to a power relay on the side to build it (repair) to bring emergency power back to close the door. However the mechs will be in the open whilst they try and fix it. So as an attacker you gotta either rush the blast door defences and get through before they are closed, whilst other team mates try and keep the mechs reaching the power gen on the top to close the doors.

see, lots of ideas for maps and I think these will be much cooler to play than just trying to breach a chokepoint. So Straight away the attackers have a much fun game and the team as a whole is not tasked to just running to objectives. As I said only limitation to its use is what the mapper can think of. However i have a few hundred ideas for its use :)

Also the new HUD in 1.1 would be required to help both teams understand what they gotta do.

PoisoN2003
10th Oct 2005, 12:14 PM
i like what you said FluXs but here is what i would like to see is for 1 person a commander which will command where to build stuff instead of teh map to make it so it would be more stratigic i know it will be alot of work but if your able to do it then alot of people would most likely play this mod coz of its uniqness
btw is it possible to add smaller things like maybe building a bunker or some defence for the attacking team? when they attack

spec_x
10th Oct 2005, 03:31 PM
I've wanted to have sandbags and defense structures in the build list, but sadly it never made it, would be great though :)

Sardukar
11th Oct 2005, 05:24 AM
I dont really think a natural selection style commander is a good idea. If your playing online, get a mic and start yelling at ur mechs to do what u want 'em to do.

Andr01d
11th Oct 2005, 08:05 AM
I dont really think a natural selection style commander is a good idea. If your playing online, get a mic and start yelling at ur mechs to do what u want 'em to do.

And that is why I always disable voicechat :P.

Helioth
11th Oct 2005, 09:00 AM
:P

voicechat is disabled on the servers i play on. . . : [

GarrettLeeway
11th Oct 2005, 04:56 PM
I miss mines.