PDA

View Full Version : [DA2 v1.0.0] No Reload, No Throwing Nades, No Switching Weapons

uSynEdge
6th Oct 2005, 09:32 PM
Luckily, FluXs was in the server when this happened so he has somewhat of an idea as to what I'm getting at. After a clip or sometimes during a clip (in which case my gun continues to fire until it's empty), I cannot reload. My gun keeps warping to look like I'm going to reload but never does. When in this situation I can neither throw grenades nor switch weapons. The only thing that I can do is move around and die. So that I can respawn for it to happen again. Don't know if this helps but it happened on DA2-LastHope.

If any of you Developers would like a demo of what happened, I can surely upload it and give you a link either in e-mail or on the boards if you deem it necessary.

Hope this helps!

DA|aBsOlUt
6th Oct 2005, 09:43 PM
Thank you for posting, we are assure you the weapons code will get a hefty update...

Demo is welcome.

FluXs
6th Oct 2005, 10:14 PM
hello again, and thanks for signing upto the forums,

If the board allows it (file size) please upload it here thanks.

uSynEdge
6th Oct 2005, 10:31 PM
Sorry I didn't upload it here -- but I didn't see where I could, maybe I'm a noob, I don't know. But, nonetheless, here's the link...

http://www.unholysyndicate.com/downloads/edgeda2bug.demo4

It's only 256kb so it shouldn't be too much of a HD Hog :)

Edit: Obviously, save it to C:/UT2004/Demos

Elp
8th Oct 2005, 05:09 AM
I found whats causing it, its when you press Alt-Fire & Prev. Weapon at the same time.

Only tested it on the Sniper, gonna test if it works on other weapons aswell.

[edit] Yep, seems to work on all weapons except the shotguns.

FluXs
8th Oct 2005, 06:22 AM
woo, thankyou, being able to replicate the bug helps us lot

DA|Dante
8th Oct 2005, 07:33 AM
As everything has a good and a bad side, and the bad side being weapon bugs... the good one is demos work :D

Blair46
10th Oct 2005, 03:24 PM
I was just playing on a server and it was constantly happening to me, but I was not pressing the prev. weapon button. All I would do was use my assault rifle or machine gun and while I was looking through the zoom/down the sights I would be crouched for the less recoil and then while crouched I would attempt to reload. I was almost always getting this looping reload bug. Really frustruating while on defense. :(

DA|aBsOlUt
10th Oct 2005, 03:27 PM
Blair, I can guarantee you we will have a look for 1.1 so you can defend better ;)