Does UT 2004 support hardware T&L?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Spieler

Oct 5, 2005
Bremen, Germany
And my question includes UT2003 and UT2007. I have tried to find more information about this issue but the only thing I've been able to find so far was a "t&l card recommended" of the official hardware requirements section on the game package.

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
Welcome to BuF! :wavey:

UT2k3 and UT2k4 do not require Hardware T&L, although I'm pretty sure it will use it if it's available. As for UT2k7, I'm almost certain that Hardware T&L will be required by then, because IIRC a DirectX 9-complaint card will be required for that game, and Hardware T&L is a requirement of DirectX 9-compliancy.

Oh, and for those who know for sure, correct me if I'm wrong :p

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
UT:GOTY was one of the last large titles Not to use Hardware T&L.

Onboard HT&L has been a part of graphics accelerators for a good many years now, and is part of the graphics APIs for the same.

HH's right.

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
It uses it of course - hardware T&L is a DX8 requirement, which means most of the games released after 2001 use hardware T&L. UT2004 is capable of running on DX7 videocards which have no T&L module but in this case software rendering is used (I tested it on TNT2 64 and Voodoo Banshee).

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Pretty much like the others say. UT2003 and UT2004 will use it if it's there, and it's highly recommended, but not a requirement. However, any card made after 2000, 2001 or so should have Hardware T&L.

UT2007 will require it.

Man, I remember running UT2003 on my TNT2 64... Fear my 30 FPS in DM-10n1-Clash! :p