Chaos ut critical error

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nali Legacy

Bringer of bacon
Oct 3, 2005
Israel
I got this new motherboard and had to install all my games again , and once i installed ut 2004 (finelly after all those discs) and then try and install chaos ut but when it starts to load a message apears and says "OS: Windows XP 5.1 (Build: 2600)
CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2011 MHz with 1022MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT (7801)

Could not spawn a GUI Controller!

History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free".

is this some kinda omen?

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Well, if it was a new Mobo, you technically should have had to install nothing but any drivers from any new parts you got. If you were using entirely the same system otherwise, you were pretty much fine.

But let's try this...

1) Delete ChaosUT2.ini inside Chaos UT2's folder. Restart Chaos. This will regenerate it - you'll lose your settings, but the upshot here is it might work again, and the settings you'll lose is minor fluff, as most stuff is in User.ini.

2) Reinstall Chaos. If the above doesn't work, this is probably your next best bet.

3) If the above both fail, take a nine-pound sledgehammer to your system. That'll learns it! :p

(Note: Name might be wrong on the specific INI/Folder - I'm at classes and can't check. I'm PRETTY sure those are the names, though; if not, they're probably close.)

Last edited:

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
PureOwnage said:
Nuke everything UT, then re-install. Thats what I did now it works fine.
:lol:

It's a profound way to get it to work, allright (assuming it DID work before). Still, I'd recommend this as a last option ;)