XP SP2, Unreal2, UT2003, UT-GOTY?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Just over a year ago, M$ releases a knowledge base article that stated users of those above 3 games may experience problems when upgrading to XP SP2. I need to confirm my suspicions after googling and searching for stuff here. It seems that this is only because of the SP2 built-in firewall. So, if I disable it, then no more problems right?

They are all patched to the latest versions and I have the original UT not GOTY. I was planning on upgrading in a week or two, but heard people that do it without a fresh install can hose their systems. I'm not willing to do a fresh install yet, so I just need to know for the future. Thank you.

Last edited:

TNTxplosiv

I Am Da Bomb
Jul 3, 2005
UK
I too have all those games installed with XP SP2. The only problems are caused by the built in firewall... Disable that and use Norton or something and you shouldn't have a problem either. They all work like a dream for me here, too :)