DM-Mako Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Daniel "KaMi" Díaz has released his latest Unreal Tournament 2004 creation, DM-Mako. As you can tell from the screenshots, this is one map you definitely need to see.
An abandoned reactor in an isolated semi-desertic area, 50% indoor, 50% outdoor. Mako features 100% custom static meshes and new textures - inspired in FFVII and Resident Evil

MR-Jinxs

The old man
Jul 9, 2005
England
www.mapraider.com
Copied and pasted from Atari forum. Yes i am lazy.

The only thing I found odd was the crate on the ramp, it’s the only one crate that’s on a ramp in the map and you just now it should not be there.

Any way ill stop the nitpicking the map is fantastic, great layout with tremendous looks what more could one want in a map that’s not in this one, nice work.:)

Last edited:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Not bad. Looks better than it plays, IMO, but it could use a little more color. It's a very nice industrial setting, but I like a little color. :p Layout's not bad but promotes hitscan camping since the map is so wide open and there are higher areas that aren't very risky to camp on.

Lruce

Transcending to another level
Jun 14, 2003
I dunno, UT2004 just does absolutely nothing for me anymore, I was pumping stuff out like this years ago and so were a thousand other mappers tbh, nothing new, nothing so utterly different that it makes me take notice, sure there is skill in building these things but you get sick of seeing the same old **** sometimes

dub

Feb 12, 2002
I like it. :tup:
Nice visuals, runs smooth and plays well. Wish it would suit more players though.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
The polish and build of this map is incredible. It does seem to favor hitscan weapons - but that's more the fault of the game than anything. Bots are pretty easy to whoop up on if you get the LtG first. :D

Nereid

・ ω ・
Apr 15, 2003
Vancouver
Just got around to playing it, and I am just amazed by it. The flow is very good (and I see a couple dodge ramps! <3) and I think it'd make an excellent 1v1 map.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
|dub| said:
I like it. :tup:
Nice visuals, runs smooth and plays well. Wish it would suit more players though.
Yeah I like it too. Very sweet and superb construction.... I'll be keeping this one in the folder.
hal said:
The polish and build of this map is incredible. It does seem to favor hitscan weapons - but that's more the fault of the game than anything.
A1 construction. I think the strategically placed crates are there to break up the line of fire re: hitscan.

Thanks for the great map!:tup:

Last edited: