PDA

View Full Version : Wrong size lod mesh

Ticklemonster
20th Sep 2005, 08:54 AM
I've extracted a mesh from a decoration in a map, and wish to use it as a lod mesh in a mod. The problem is the lod mesh is exactly twice the size than it used to be. How can I correct this problem?

:)

MrBond
20th Sep 2005, 05:56 PM
I'm sure we've discussed this problem before, but a re-hash never hurts.

For any mesh that isn't a weapon (which is everything else), mesh size is determined by the DrawScale property (type float, in class Actor [Object >> Actor], declared on line 206). More accurately, any class that uses the assignment "Mesh=" uses DrawScale.

It is basically a scale multiplier: 1.0 will yield the same size mesh that is imported, 2.0 for double size, 0.5 for half-size, etc.

Ticklemonster
21st Sep 2005, 06:40 AM
Discussed topically, yes, but thank you for the detail, kind sir. ;)

Ticklemonster
21st Sep 2005, 01:33 PM
#exec mesh DRAWSCALE MESH=SF_Abrams X=0.5 Y=0.5 Z=0.05

Well, if that's what you mean, then it didn't do anything.

Now this:

#exec MESHMAP SCALE MESHMAP=SF_Abrams X=0.75 Y=0.75 Z=1.5

is in there, but it doesn't change anything.

I'm working in the main uc file, AbramsBat.uc if you wondered where I was getting this stuff from.

Ticklemonster
21st Sep 2005, 01:57 PM
Holy bejeezers. I finally looked in properties, and it said drawscale=2. lmao. I wonder how that got there? I suppose it was in the Hoverbat already. Thanks, changing it now.

MrBond
21st Sep 2005, 09:18 PM
Why do you think I even pointed you to the declaration line? ;)

Ticklemonster
27th Sep 2005, 01:49 PM
LOL, I had no idea what a declaration line was. I watched the movie National Treasure for 3 hours trying to find a clue!

(but I know now. Remember, I'm figuring this stuff out on the fly. Some tutorials along the way, but mostly trial and error.)