man seeking woman erm... Project-OMG seeking help!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Savethejets

Sep 12, 2005
members.shaw.ca
Hey all,

We're a small group of modders that has been working on levels and other things inside the Red Orchestra community, but now we've turned our attention to bigger things.

We're looking for concept artists, 3d modellers, and any other job you can think of to help us in creating our new mod for UT2004. (Note : We have aspirations to port our mod to the UE3 engine when it comes out, and will probably be looking for more people when that happens. )

Gather round and I shall tell ye about our mod :) ( or at least its current incarnation ). I guess a brief summary of the story is in order since any link I have would be the long winded yammerings of some of our team members. So basicly Earth is under seige from an alien force bent on the destruction of earth and its people ( we should win an emmy for our original idea right?). However we will be focusing on squad combat, with realistic weapon ballistics and believable world vehicles. These will all be based inside a realistic military hierarchy. We also have some other neat unique ideas that are still being hammered out atm so bear with me, But basicly we are looking for people of talent to come help us out :D

Anyhoo enough with the talk, here are some Very Early renders and things

If you're interested, please send an email with your information to Project_OMG@hotmail.com
or post on our handy dandy forum http://koetje.zapto.org/forum/index.php?

Some of our members previous work; http://koetje.zapto.org/forum/showthread.php?p=137#post137

thanks for your time,
'Savethejets'
Project-OMG

Last edited:

Koetje

Sep 20, 2005
koetje.zapto.org
A website wasnt our priority. The gamedevelop documents and gameplay discussions were more important to us.

We will start working on it asap. But first we wanna have something to show.
A website isnt a mod :) but ya we need one soon.

Also hey to all familiair names here on this forum, although i'm a dailey visitor on the website i finally registered. And i hope you see us around more. :)

Too add a small note on STJ's post ... We call ourself the nakedmodders as a group. So all work must be done naked, as we found out that the quality goes up about 150% if you model/program/map without any clothes on. :p

Savethejets

Sep 12, 2005
members.shaw.ca
*Courtesy of Wicked Penguin here's some more info*
* Platform: * Initial development on UT2004, with a final port-over to Unreal Engine 3 / UT2007.

* Mod Theme: * Save the Earth from an alien invasion. Sounds run-of-the-mill, right? Nope. Keep reading.

* Gameplay: * Many mods do little to promote actual team play. We intend to change that with innovative gameplay features that reward players for working as a team instead of merely "Rambo-ing" around. You will need to watch each other's back and function well as a unit with your team members in order to succeed. This is one of the main focuses we have.

The overall game style will be objective-based, squad-driven military combat, with emphasis on realistic tactics and strategies. While not a full-realism game, it will not be an arcade game either, balancing realism with fun, fast gameplay in a sci-fi envrionment. All of us have an interest in military history and tactics, so we are going to bringing our knowledge on the subject into play within this game.

We have a great many things already worked out and settled within our design document, with the core coding for several of the aspects underway.

* Story: * (Nyles abridged version :D ; dubbed the coles notes version if you will) It's the middle of the 22nd century. The world as we know it, has changed.

Early in the 21st century, tensions in the Middle East escalate. Jihad engulfs the region, abruptly ended by a nuclear overkill between Israel and Iran in 2031, turning the barren lands between Egypt and Pakistan into a lifeless wasteland.

As a result, global markets collapse and during the following crisis, the United Nations dissolve and when the dust finally settles after years, Continental Alliances, so called ConAlls have replaced global politics, mostly controlled by military governments and regimes. Each of these superpowers, the Chinasian Coalition, the European Union, the United States of America, Unaligned India, the Russian Federation and the Sydney Treaty, follow their own agenda, often in conflict with other ConAlls. Outside of these ConAlls, from Africa to South America, the world falls into chaos and anarchy - the badlands.

At the end of the 21st century, the political situation eases up again with the creation of the Planetary Consortium, a replacement for the Security Council of the United Nations of old times, where the ConAlls share power equally and slowly start to strife for the common good of mankind as partners.

Space travel becomes the new focus with permanent stations on Moon and Mars and while humanity prospers, a new threat emerges at the border of the solar system in the year 2144. A threat that seeks for control of man's very soil. A threat that must not be allowed to persist but yet it does.

On June 6th, alien vessels make planetfall in the tundras of Siberia. Shortly afterwards, for the firs time in history, troops march on moscow - from the east - and succeed. While the remainder of the Russian Federation is torn apart from the inside, the rest of the world readies for total war against the alien invader.

Gear up and make a difference!

* Current Status: * At the moment, we are in pre-production. In short, this means:

* We are nailing down the details of our gameplay types.
* Concept art is underway
* Preliminary vehicle designs are being finalized
* Weapon types, ammunition, and features
* HUD and HUD information needs are under much discussion.

We do not like to jump in feet first without fully discussing our goals and nailing down what we need to do. We are treating this project as a professional game, not just a mod, which we intend to if there is one ultimately enter in the next Make Something Unreal Contest:eek:

* Team: * We are collective of mod developers who came together in the Red Orchestra modding community. Among us we have skilled mappers, modelers, vehicle designers, texture artists, and sound designers. Three of our team are the 1st, 2nd, and Special Mention place winners from the Red Orchestra Summer Offensive contest (featured in PCZone mag, the top UK gaming magazine).

Our team is fully international, with the USA, Canada( where the best members are from...) , Netherlands, Russia and Germany represented. We hold organized meetings in IRC and Teamspeak to discuss project concepts, progress, and goals.

Our current team:
Koetje | - 3D - Mapping - Texturing
SaveTheJets | - 3D - Mapping - Texturing - Anything else that needs doing
WickedPenguin | - Vehicles - Mapping - Audio
CiN-Eric | Concept Art - Texturing
[uTw]Nyles | Story - Research - PR - Organization
WingedFox | Lead Coder

plus a few others

PS thnx i've had this sig for a while now, just a compilation of some of my fav albums.

Last edited:

Savethejets

Sep 12, 2005
members.shaw.ca
so... Project OMG is not dead as you might think.
We have been hard at work for some time now and would like to show off some
stuff but also announce that we are looking for 2d Artists and Animators.
If you're interested please email or PM me. :D

untitled7yx1.jpg

APC_01-12.jpg

facesdec319nz.jpg

europeanstreetdec1123ql.jpg

Last edited: