It’s a Dog’s Life

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

QUALTHWAR

Baitshop opening soon.
Apr 9, 2000
Nali City, Florida
web.tampabay.rr.com
I haven’t been around lately because I’ve been busy working from home. I started working with this fellow who has too much work and needs some help. I’m redesigning a site for a dog trainer, doing 3 sites for a greyhound racetrack, and trying to get a perm job at a company that has dogs all over their site for some reason; they aren’t a dog site, they just like dogs.

This is the current site for the dog trainer: http://www.sitnstaydogacademy.com/

This is the redesign by the fellow I’m working with: http://www.sitnstaydogacademy.com/SitNStay/main.html

This is my redesign: http://web.tampabay.rr.com/qualthwar/pup/index1.htm

It’s just a mockup, so none of the links work yet. I’m hoping they like it before I do any more. But what is strange is my keyboard smells like dog crap now, for some weird reason.

Nachimir

Crony of Stilgar
Aug 13, 2001
Shelf Adventure.
Had to go indeed, preferably to geocities ;)

Is that design a consequence of the guy being overworked, or is his portfolio full of that stuff? Yours actually looks like a proper website, his looks like somebodys first effort with Frontpage.

Last edited:

QUALTHWAR

Baitshop opening soon.
Apr 9, 2000
Nali City, Florida
web.tampabay.rr.com
The guy originally needed somebody to do school board document scanning, but said he could use me for other things instead. I think he does more database work than anything. He uses frontpage as you said, and likes to use frames. He did that page with frames, but I told him to forget about frames.

Now he tells me that he may be picking up 4 more sites. I already have this dog site to finish up and at least 3 other sites to do for someone else.

Rukee

Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!
May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
I like the original site too.
Did he/you digitaly put a sig in the pics on display in the image gallery??
I see the original site has nothing on the pics, someone else was just saying another site stold his pics of pets and was using them on his site to sell pet products. Some sort of logo over the pics would make it harder to use, or a digital signature could be used to prove they were stolden from you. Just a thought you might wanna consider.

QUALTHWAR

Baitshop opening soon.
Apr 9, 2000
Nali City, Florida
web.tampabay.rr.com
I had nothing to do with the original site. The original site stinks for a variety of reasons I won’t go into now. You can’t really protect pictures. It’s like safeguarding your car or house against theft. If someone wants to break in bad enough, they will find a way.

Say you go to all the trouble copyright protecting a picture and stick it on the web. Someone comes along, sees the pic and wants it. You have the right-click feature disabled, so they can’t get it that way. Or maybe they can right click and save, but you have the pic signed. Big deal. All the person has to do is a print screen, copy and paste into a graphic program, crop out the pic and they have a fresh pic to work with.

Rukee

May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
It was just an issue someone brought up to me awhile back and how to deal with someone ripping off the images of their site`s members, kinda funny too cause it was just like this....pet pics. If you make it difficult for, whoever to steal them, it may be enough to get them to move on to someone else`s pic to steal. It was just a thought. :)

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
Rukee said:
It was just an issue someone brought up to me awhile back and how to deal with someone ripping off the images of their site`s members, kinda funny too cause it was just like this....pet pics. If you make it difficult for, whoever to steal them, it may be enough to get them to move on to someone else`s pic to steal. It was just a thought. :)

I might resemble that statement :D

This also goes for scanned images. There is no way to prevent such occurance, just would like a way to punish those you catch!

Rukee

May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
If you had a slightly see through logo "sitnstaydogacedamy.com" that went over each pic that would show up in a print screen, they`d have to crop the pic to get rid of it.

Rukee

May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
You should care if you`re making the site. You donn`t wanna blantently make it easy to rip them off it`ll look like you spent no time making their site and members safe, plus if you make the site secure then it may help with getting the next job. something like this over the pics to make them secure should be easy.
http://www.xwreck.com/xwreck/sample2.jpg

Rukee

May 15, 2001
Over here!!!
Visit site
I meant for it to be suggested it to be used on submitted pics by the sites (forums)members for security, not for the main page.