PDA

View Full Version : ChaosUT2 Mega-Update

hal
16th Sep 2005, 03:50 PM
As we've come to expect from the ChaosUT2 team - when they update... they do it in a big way. Eight new pics, updates on the bike, hoverboard, flag model, claw melee weapon, HordeHunter Gargoyle, and a gi-normous change list all serve to bring you up to speed on the post-PR3.6 progress of this UT2004 modification.

Manticore
16th Sep 2005, 05:00 PM
I don't know why the Chaos people are so worried about the time between updates that they have to apologise for it.

Their gameplay is an old favourite of mine and I have no problem waiting when there is the promise of new Chaos properties etc.

It's looking good.

As an aside, ages ago I'm pretty sure I had a bot roster bug where it kept on defaulting and not saving. I don't know if it is an issue but I'm pretty sure it was in vers.3.6. At the time their forums/site seemed to be down.

Anyway, new stuff from these guys is eagerly awaited.:tup:

Nemephosis
16th Sep 2005, 06:04 PM
YEAH! I've been waiting on this! U4E hasn't released anything in so long, I'm starting to wonder if they're still around. There's a news post in May, one in July, and now it's September, and still nothing.

It's not going to matter once Chaos gets in gear and updates anyway. I'll be the first to download it. CAS12!!

Da Spadger
16th Sep 2005, 06:19 PM
If only it could run properly on my computer, having a ChaosDM kills my computer and makes an humiliating table decoration on the pieces. :(

LoQtUS
17th Sep 2005, 03:22 AM
I don't know why the Chaos people are so worried about the time between updates that they have to apologise for it.

Their gameplay is an old favourite of mine and I have no problem waiting when there is the promise of new Chaos properties etc.

It's looking good.

As an aside, ages ago I'm pretty sure I had a bot roster bug where it kept on defaulting and not saving. I don't know if it is an issue but I'm pretty sure it was in vers.3.6. At the time their forums/site seemed to be down.

Anyway, new stuff from these guys is eagerly awaited.:tup:

Well to be perfectly honest, we dont like to keep our fans waiting, or to let them down, and we feel like PR3.6 was not redy to be released. Thank you for the kind words, and i will ask the beta tester to take a look and see if that bug is stll in there. :)

YEAH! I've been waiting on this! U4E hasn't released anything in so long, I'm starting to wonder if they're still around. There's a news post in May, one in July, and now it's September, and still nothing.

It's not going to matter once Chaos gets in gear and updates anyway. I'll be the first to download it. CAS12!!

Glad to hear that :) Unfortunatly, the CAS12 will not be in the next release. Since its been so long we are trying to polish up what we have so far and get it out. It is in the works though.

If only it could run properly on my computer, having a ChaosDM kills my computer and makes an humiliating table decoration on the pieces. :(

Not to take anything away from The BU forums, but why dont you try swinging by our forums, and let us know what your troubles are. Maybe we can help you out, and get you online playing.

Thanks for the support.

LoQtUS
Chaotic Dreams

jb
17th Sep 2005, 09:31 AM
Thanks guys! The reason a bit sorry is for the lenght of time that could have been avoided. It frustrating when you know it did not have to be like that. But it is what it is and time to make the best of it.

Nem if the CAS12 is not in this one, I will be darn shure to get it to you ASAP!!

Nemephosis
17th Sep 2005, 01:39 PM
Thanks guys! The reason a bit sorry is for the lenght of time that could have been avoided. It frustrating when you know it did not have to be like that. But it is what it is and time to make the best of it.

Nem if the CAS12 is not in this one, I will be darn shure to get it to you ASAP!!
Thanks, definitely appreciate that. I've been waiting too long for this to be told it wasn't in. :P

Bang_Doll
17th Sep 2005, 01:54 PM
And it's still a TC -.-

Da Spadger
17th Sep 2005, 03:07 PM
Not to take anything away from The BU forums, but why dont you try swinging by our forums, and let us know what your troubles are. Maybe we can help you out, and get you online playing.

It's not that, Chaos DM is more hardware hungry than UT DM. When in a firefight, it goes down to 10 - 20 fps, while UT DM runs 40 or above. We're not going to discuss Chaos VCTF.

Either you need to do some optimization or i'll need a better computer. :p

Nemephosis
17th Sep 2005, 08:04 PM
From the changelog:

Fixed bug in Napalm Status which caused vehicles to play an "exhausted sound" when the napalm where off.

Aw, that's too bad. That was freakin hilarious. :lol: