They sneaked this one out....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The_Pikeman

Also known as Howski
Nov 20, 2001
Caerphilly, Wales
Visit site
From the guardian.....

Hunger strikers pledge to die in Guantánamo

More than 200 detainees in Guantánamo Bay are in their fifth week of a hunger strike, the Guardian has been told.

Statements from prisoners in the camp which were declassified by the US government on Wednesday reveal that the men are starving themselves in protest at the conditions in the camp and at their alleged maltreatment - including desecration of the Qur'an - by American guards.

The statements, written on August 11, have just been given to the British human rights lawyer Clive Stafford Smith. They show that prisoners are determined to starve them selves to death. In one, Binyam Mohammed, a former London schoolboy, said: "I do not plan to stop until I either die or we are respected.

He said: "The administration promised that if we gave them 10 days, they would bring the prison into compliance with the Geneva conventions. They said this had been approved by Donald Rumsfeld himself in Washington DC. As a result of these promises, we agreed to end the strike on July 28.

"It is now August 11. They have betrayed our trust (again). Hisham from Tunisia was savagely beaten in his interrogation and they publicly desecrated the Qur'an (again). Saad from Kuwait was ERF'd [visited by the Extreme Reaction Force] for refusing to go (again) to interrogation because the female interrogator had sexually humiliated him (again) for 5 hours _ Therefore, the strike must begin again."

In another declassified statement, Omar Deghayes, from Brighton, said: "In July, some people took no water for many days. I was part of the strike and I am again this time. Some people were taken to hospital, and put on drip feeds, but they pulled the needles out, as they preferred to die. There were two doctors. One wanted to force feed the men, but they got legal advice saying that they could not if the men refused.

"In the end the military agreed to negotiate. We came off the strike [on July 28 2005], but we gave them two weeks, and if the changes were not implemented we would go back on strike."

Mmmm..... anyone else smell a rat. With all this attention on the horrible after effects of that hurricane The US decide to release something they couldn't stop getting lose in the hope that it just gets missed. Again we are ley down by the people we elected. We have leaders as bad as saddam and just as crule.
-How.

5eleven

I don't give a f**k, call the Chaplain
Mar 23, 2003
Ohio
Visit site
The_Pikeman said:
The US decide to release something they couldn't stop getting lose in the hope that it just gets missed.
Apparently, it's worked thus far. This is the first I've heard of it, and I live here. I'm a news junkie, and nary a mention of it on any of the major networks, or on any talk radio.

BTW, anybody catch "The Daily Show" tonight? Raw video of VeeP Cheney in Mississippi doing a press conference in the street amongst the devastation, and someone in the crowd said "Go fuck yourself Mr. Cheney." Not once, but I believe at least three times. And as Jon Stewart said: Something along the lines that the f**ker became the f**kee. :lol:

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
well, i don't think that the recent hurricane news has played out well for the poloticians either...

i have a feeling that years from now people associated with Guantánamo will pulled up on charges (that'll never be proven....but) eh.