DM-Waterfall beta

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

cataleptic

Jul 9, 2004
Hi everyone,
I've recently made a new map, DM-Waterfall. It's a recreation of Escher's "Waterfall" (hence the name :)). The waterfall itself is the centrepiece, and I went for a slightly mediterranean feel to the surrounding areas.

I've put it on unreal playground in beta form: http://www.unrealplayground.com/maps.php?mapid=9857

I've attached some screenshots to this post (noob question: how does the screenshot tag work? do you have to have the files uploaded on the internet?)

Please give it a whirl! I appreciate feedback.

There are two issues I already know about:
Sky looks a bit funky when you're looking through the warp zones
- this is shown in the screenshot "Sky problem.jpg" - the blue rectangle should not be there. I gather this is due to warp zones and skyboxes not mixing very well; can it be fixed?

Bots sometimes get stuck in the cellar stairs
- pathing issues - stairs may be to steep/narrow

Attachments

• Overall.jpg
    Overall.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 50
  • Waterwheel.jpg
    Waterwheel.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Courtyard.jpg
    Courtyard.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 32
  • More canal.jpg
    More canal.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Sky problem.jpg
    Sky problem.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 46

cataleptic

Jul 9, 2004
Ah ok that makes sense.

Anyway, last call for ideas, I should be releasing it some time tomorrow. I've already made some major changes actually, but input is still welcome

Edit: map released...

Last edited by a moderator: