PDA

View Full Version : XSI mod tool configuration for UnrealEd

ilkman
3rd Sep 2005, 11:11 PM
Anyone know how to configure the grid size in XSI mod tool to match that of UnrealEds?

Angel_Mapper
4th Sep 2005, 12:56 AM
afaik it should be the same as all other modelling tools, a 1:1 ratio. Does XSI use some crazy units or something?

Elisandra
4th Sep 2005, 01:28 AM
In XSI its in the UI setup dialog. Didn't know about the mod tool tho

ilkman
4th Sep 2005, 04:04 AM
I'm curious about the relation ratio between the two. I remember you could configure maya to match unrealeds units exactly.

What im basically looking for is a way to match scaling on meshes between XSI and UnrealEd so that what appears to be normal in XSI turns out to be super small or super big in UnrealEd. Thats always been my biggest problem with anything ive done up to this point.

Angel_Mapper
4th Sep 2005, 04:18 AM
It's a 1:1 ratio in Maya without any configuring. 1 unit is 1 unit in any program.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Do you mean UEd's default 16 unit grid size and highlights every 8th line?

If all else fails you could run some simple experiments with cubes to figure it out.

ilkman
4th Sep 2005, 03:26 PM
It's a 1:1 ratio in Maya without any configuring. 1 unit is 1 unit in any program.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Do you mean UEd's default 16 unit grid size and highlights every 8th line?

If all else fails you could run some simple experiments with cubes to figure it out.

I think I'll do some experimenting.

I could have sworn that I had to configure maya units to match unrealed units to get the scaling right...at least with the version that shipped with UT2003.

ilkman
4th Sep 2005, 09:05 PM
Its not a 1:1 ratio. I attached some screenshots to show what I mean.
Its more like a 1:16

Its time to scower the web methinks.

Angel_Mapper
4th Sep 2005, 10:08 PM
It looks like the grid size in XSI is set to one unit, which would make it a 1:1 ratio with UEd (multiply the grid setting in UEd by the number of lines to get the units, or just use Shift + middle mouse in one of UEd's 2d viewports).

ilkman
5th Sep 2005, 01:27 AM
Thanks for the help.
I'll still need to tweak it a bit to get it right.