CliffyB Dev Blog Update

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
Epic's Cliff Bleszinski has updated his developer blog on 1UP.com. In the latest installment, Cliff talks about his experiences designing Gears of War, as well as selling the idea to the gaming powers that be.

When I signed up to be a Game Designer I didn't really realize that a great deal of your job responsibility involves selling your wicked cool new idea to a group of extremely intelligent programmers, artists, and environment builders. Who are usually quite cynical.

It helps to be animated. In figuring out what the player movement set is I've had numerous conversations with Aaron (one of the animators bringing these characters to life) in which I'm outside of his office, back against the wall, wildly pointing a Nerf Gun at him. Or running through the motion capture studio crouched over; trying to show off how I imagine a panicked soldier would haul ass. Or kick a door. Or how you'd open it from the side if you were trying to just creak it open to get a peek at your foe before bursting in with a hail of bullets, cutting them all into tiny chunks of fleshy goodness.

Read More

Steyr

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Apr 1, 2005
On the internets
Dude, I love CliffyB. I hope one day I'll spot him in some random spot in raleigh and proceed to totally annoy him with hundreds of questions.