Duke Nukem Forever Delay?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Voodoo Extreme is reporting that 3D Realms' George Broussard confirms possible delays due to AGEIA's purchase of Meqon.

We're just now hearing about this, too. On the surface I'm not too happy about it as we were getting to a very very stable point with our physics and nearing a point of being tech complete, and just working on polish.

We'll see what happens, but we're certainly not interested in the prospects of moving to a new SDK - again.

Who'd a thunk it?

Steyr

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Apr 1, 2005
On the internets
Wow! Another delay! What a suprise!
You know, maybe it'll be out by the time I can legally purchase "M" games.

Mxtrmntr

(Formerly known as Mxtrmntr)
Nov 3, 2001
The Island of the Day Before
Visit site
It's not even worth joking about. It's kind of sad to see that a company can spend years on some pseudo-funny and (pseudo-ironically?) macho/sexist game (that doesn't seem to be full of gameplay innovation either) for years while innovative companies developping intelligent games go down the drain without anyone really noticing.

Am I being unfair/too harsh here? Damn, I can't post anything negative without feeling bad for doing so.

Shrimp

Seafood splatter
Jan 13, 2003
Deep in South Africa
shrimpworks.za.net
I have no idea why the takeover of a physics engine providor, which is aparrently nearly completed within the game/vaporware, would cause them to need a new physics SDK.

If someone were to buy out (as an example we can all relate to) vBulletin's developers, would all vBulletin forums which have been running for years suddenly stop working and need to be replaced?

I think DNF's lack of existence is the only DNF joke left. And even that's not funny anymore.

But let's all laugh at 3D Realms anyway, I think they've earned that much at least.

Last edited:

Steyr

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Apr 1, 2005
On the internets
Mxtrmntr said:
Am I being unfair/too harsh here? Damn, I can't post anything negative without feeling bad for doing so.
You should kill your conscience. I did so, and look where I am! :angst++: :man:

Seriously though, I never really had one of those. Not that I do horrible things, it's just that when I do do something underhanded or dishonest I've already justified it in my mind.

Last edited:

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Guy said:
Forever Delay
eek.gif

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
hal said:
Voodoo Extreme is reporting that 3D Realms' George Broussard confirms possible delays due to AGEIA's purchase of Meqon.

We're just now hearing about this, too. On the surface I'm not too happy about it as we were getting to a very very stable point with our physics and nearing a point of being tech complete, and just working on polish.

We'll see what happens, but we're certainly not interested in the prospects of moving to a new SDK - again.

Who'd a thunk it?

Duke Nukem Forever being delayed... again. How is this even news worthy?

DUKE NUKEM FOREVER MORE LIKE DUKE INDEVELOPMENT FOREVER AM I RITE?

dub

Feb 12, 2002
Eh hehehehehe

This is top quality... you think a film will be made about the development of this game?
I'm sure these guys are late ancestors of the guy who tried to sell the Eiffel tower even though he did'nt own it.

I'm going with -Jes- on this one, they got a little room rented out with a PO box as a front, for a games company. They get funding which they spend of hookers and booze... wonder how long their investors will keep throwing the money at them for their pot consumption... I'd work there any day... don't need to produce any work but keep getting money :)

U

Unregistered

Funnily enough, in auto racing, DNF stands for "Did Not Finish". How appropriate! :)