speed/timing issues

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SubCog

Sep 27, 2003
well, I just tried playing UT again, and it seemed WAY too fast. I checked and verified that speed was set to 100%.

Then I noticed that when I run into certain rooms, I slow down to what I think is proper speed.

It's really tough to tell, since speed is so relative. Y'know, like if you turn the speed down to 50% for a while and then turn it back up to 100%, it feels WAY fast, but its not really.

However, in this case, I'm pretty sure the timing is having problems on my rig. Any ideas?

Here's my system:
athlon64 3000, 1 gig 3200 kingston ram, kt800 mobo, radeon x800pro.

Thanks for your help!

edit: Alright, its clear now that the game is speeding up when I have a higher framerate. Thus when I'm in a small room, its really fast, whereas in a larger room it slows down. Is there a way to cap my framerate?

edit: alright, I got my framerate capped. It's MUCH slower now! I think it was running 200-300% the normal speed!

Last edited:

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
This may be an issue with ATI drivers. Try messing around with vsync to see what happens.