UT2003 - Skin - Voleur

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What do you think of this skin?

• :tup:

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • :hmm:

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • :tdown:

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Name: Voleur
System Requirements: Unreal Tournament 2003/2004
Type: Skin for Human Male B (original)
Author: [S¡K][Angel]
Teamcolors: 0
Additional Info:
Character is not choosable for player`s character in SinglePlayer-mode.
Character can be chosen as teammate in SinglePlayer-mode (but I don`t suggest that due the missing Teamcolors).
The standart characteristics (voice, fav. Weapon, skill, …) are unchanged.
Known Issues: The lack of team colors might mess up some things in Single Player.
Download: Skincity - 305 KB
Screenshot:
pic2_id2217.jpg

Voleur - Another french Baguette enters the tournament

It has been time that our "Grande Nation" gets some reinforcements, let`s see if Voleur can strenghten them even more. (I suppose he is french, due his name sounds pretty much like that)

The pros:
I like the contrast between black and white, that truly makes a nice color sheme.
The author appreciates feedback and improvement hints in the readme to improve the skill. People wanting to improve are always welcome, so here are my suggestions:

The cons:
Unfortunately this skin lacks any Teamcolors. A skin without them will never be a "keeper" for most of the guys n`gals, due it doesn`t support any type of team play (except Invasion of course)
The portraits made by Upaint simply look dull it`s just so UNREAL and lifeless. Some authors use a 3D-Program for that purpose, the less advanced persons simply take the shots from the game and eventually ad a nice Background theme to it.
This skin also lacks any bio, ok the bio isn`t truly the most important thing for a good skin, but only a well written bio makes the character "perfect", only IMO of course.
Most of the people simply don`t like (and keep) pure "repaints", the characters should have a least some new details.

Words by reviewer:
All in all a good start, which would have gotten a better score with teamcolors. For some hints and further suggestions the author should simply take a look at the tutorial section of our beloved forum.
I wish happy skinning and await to be forced giving a much higher score next time.

Total Score: 3/10

Last edited by a moderator: