I need a good light tip here

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I made a stastic meshe in maya ple 5.0 here (the hole in the wall)

If you didn't noticed it yet, the problem is the light result from the zone light on the meshe.

I have tried many things, with a light zone of 40 23 150 (for example) it become messy. Espicaly for brighter textures.

You can see on the screenshot all the setings i have set it to. There is no other light exept the zone light that cause it saince the max light and ScaleGlow are both set to '0'

Do i really have to remove the zone light? is there another way to deal with that mess?
Should i say F*** it, and make the hole in bsp instead?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Kyouryuu

*roar!*
Dec 17, 2003
Kirkland, Washington
kyouryuu.furvect.com
Yeah, I would say get rid of the ZoneLight.

I remember I had a problem once with a mesh being significantly lighter than a duplicate mesh right next to it. I racked my brain for a couple days before I figure out what was going on - the lighter mesh was actually about 2UU higher than the other one was, and was catching light from the open room above it. I don't know why I share this anecdote, but your problem reminded me of it.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Yeah , without the zone light it looks way better. I always used zone light for all my older maps and so on.